Ok ,what is it?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Cool Breeze, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

This cought my eye at an antique shop, asking price $35.00. The case is warn and it has 5 brand new blades with it. The razor itself looks greau. no visible wear. Are blades still made for it? It uses wierd little half single edges.

Attached Files:

2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Looks like a "straight razor". Does it have a safety bar?

3. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Yes, I have a pic of one from ebay, it shows the wierd little blades. Its shaped like any se but has long handle and head is tilted down like a gem mUULhTAnkPDWPRTGVSZB9SA.jpg

4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. And think of all of the razors that I threw away as useless trash.:angry032:
    Well I gues we all live and learn:shaver

5. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

If Im not mistaken, it says on the case Emmerson dollar safety razor.

Yea, its in awesome shape, Ive just never heard of or seen it before. The wierd little half se blades concern me, are the resharpened or disposable? Can you buy them. If bo blades are available, its useless to me , fine shape or not.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is an Enders Razor and it is based on the Christy design. The blades are meant to be disposed.

The following from Waits Compendium discusses the Christy razors which has long since gone away.

dscaver likes this.
  7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Awesome info, thanks.
    Still have one question, can I get blades for it?

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

You might find some NOS Christy blades on the bay but that is a long shot.

fram773 likes this.
  9. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

looks like a pass then, too bad. It looks like new, no scratches, clean. today has been a bad day, was attacked at a flea mkt. trying to buy 2 realy nice aristocrat.