Oksson brass DE razor from Spain

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dver42, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :happy097::happy102: no more than 20 razors. At my last inventory, I topped 100. I could not believe it. I must rehome some of these razors.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

= "No"

3. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

100 I wish. Hey i have a great home for some of your razors

Truth be told, I'm 24 years old and I've only been collecting razors for about 6 months. I had an EJDE89 for the longest time before getting my feet wet in vintage razor buying/collecting. Of course I like to go for razors in good condition. I think I'm doing alright with 6 vintage razors along with my 4 modern razors. If anything I'm proud of my little collection. I like to put money aside and treat myself to a razor (or 2) each month. With time it shall grow

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Jorvaljr likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

AMEN brother Toby...AMEN.

Dver42 and TobyC like this.
  5. riffin

riffin Active Member

Yes! Absolutely! Man, what planet are you on...

Dver42 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

What does it look like? I don't want to make a login or give my email to have a look at it. Translation pictures required .....

PickledNorthern likes this.
  7. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

They haven't released photos yet.... give it some time.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Planet vintage....no need for over priced stuff that just does the same job.

9. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Have you been looking at my collection and counting again?

I need to re-home as well, but things got crazy so I couldn't get everything lined back up, photographed, labeled, and uploaded for sale. Not a large enough flat surface.

10. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To whom it may concern, Oksson has released photos of what their razor will look like. They also had a few words to say:

This is the render of how our DE razor is going to look like. It has a really minimalistic design that resembles the futuristic design of the cars of the 70´s

We will soon have images of the first prototypes that we will show you as soon as we have them!

Important stuff:
    Stuff you have to know about the Oksson razor:

It has a patent pending for the design of the stand.
    Magnets: It has two magnets that keeps it standing up and looking sick.
    100% brass.
    Made in Spain.
    Much more stuff that we will soon share

11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Looks like a slim twist but with a new open comb head. Looks like a 3 piece

Dver42 and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hope it looks better in real time.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does it appear to be a copy of the head from an OLD, including the two posts? I'm looking at the underside of the baseplate.

jimjo1031 and Jorvaljr like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

No kidding. I am not going to start an account to LOOK AT what they MIGHT produce.

Douglas Carey and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Seems to have been written by a middle school student with little knowledge of the English language.

I don't want my razors to look sick.

Don't we have plenty of smooth, slippery, tapered handles, why do we need more?

If they sell the head separately in the $4-$6 range I might try one, if it's not chrome, I hate chrome.

16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

To me it looks like a flat base open comb. Maybe the two posts, but flush with the bottom. I really don't see anything new, except the handle shape and magnetic bottom. I won't get one, but am curious to see what the price will be. If the shaves are the same as other open combs, why get it, except for the novelty of the handle. And that I personally don't like.

Douglas Carey and TobyC like this.
  17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Not all that special IMO...

Douglas Carey, TobyC and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

They should come here and pif us a few for testing. :D

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm confused ... plenty of you guys see a a clone of a Futur and your all over it. A new SE comes out people can't wait for it . As for saturation; I think with the increase of suppliers of quality razors, the prices may come down on some ridiculously price razors. I hear a new razor coming out of Spain and made of solid brass sound like a winner to me. As for coping vintage ... all the vintage razor companies should be flattered; heck every razor company that has came out with a new razor since the 70's is a copy. Does any of us need a new razor ... my father shaved with only one razor for 50 years of his life and only got rid of it because he didn't know how to unjam it (soap scum). I could live the rest of my life with any one of the 20 -30 razors I own, but that won't stop me from giving this a curious look.

Douglas Carey and Dver42 like this.
  20. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Funny you mention this, because it happens I'm working on a blueprint for an all-brass razor combining the best elements of the Merkur Progress, Parker Variant, and Gillette Fatboy.

Douglas Carey and Dver42 like this.