Old Spice NOS.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by cliffb599, May 7, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sure is...for as long as we see the boat as the OS, or "New Spice"(my name for it now, sadly)logo.

Jim99 likes this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Ah, a light just came on. An old Twilight Zone episode that took place on a naval vessel. Simon Oakland and Bill Bixby were in it. The main character's title must have been boatswain's mate. I had no idea at the time what they were saying.

Jim99 and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Oh, no argument there. I'd like to set the original Old Spice jingle into an alarm clock some day(my current clock radio still works, but it may be time for something new soon.

Frijolero and Jim99 like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Paul, wouldn’t that be cool! I’d like a that.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Man! Now I can hear that whistle!

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

That was my first and only soap (except for one puck of Yardley) for almost 25 years. I'm not sure how it would stack up against other soaps I've used since it was no longer available, especially soaps like Sterling. Its popularity stemmed from the fact you could buy it anywhere and it was an excellent soap and it came in a cool mug.
    Enjoy!

Jim99 likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Well, the whistle would be fine, but I'm talkinabout the one with the French Horn and Trumpet(maybe the whistle does one go round, then the the brass finishes it off with one of their own).

Jim99 likes this.