Old Spice Shave Kit.......Part 1 Complete

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Tim Spencer, May 29, 2016.

1. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

The Canadian lids or International lids are hard they're not the soft flimsy ones that fit inside the mug. there's one on eBay but he wants almost $70 for the mug and lid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2. gregkw1

The Canadian lids or International lids are hard they're not the soft flimsy ones that fit inside the mug. there's one on eBay but he wants almost $70 for the mug and lid.

3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I did everything I could to find an original. A custom project is the best bet and if I were more artistically inclined, I would have handcrafted a piece of art into wood, metal or plastic then painted it and made it look authentic. I actually have been trying to find freelance small businesses that will do something like this, but have not been successful in locating one yet. I did, however locate a carpenter on Etsy.com who is doing a project for me.

4. Tim Spencer

A Canadian one? I will look into that.

5. gregkw1

Try taking a picture of the logo and then transfer it through tracing paper and then trace it on your lid and paint it in.

6. gregkw1

Or go to a printer I'm sure they could transfer it on to a decal.

7. gregkw1

Or go to a printer I'm sure they could transfer it on to a decal.

8. gregkw1

they have pictures of them on the Old Spice website

9. Tim Spencer

Again, links would be helpful as I'm having a hard time finding these pictures for the Canadian mug's hard top.

10. gregkw1

I can't seem to post the link here go to the forums and go to shave soap thread I posted a link there

11. Tim Spencer

12. gregkw1

that's the one but why does it have to be airtight

13. gregkw1

Also how did you post the link

14. Tim Spencer

To keep the soap from drying out and losing scent. Now in the case of a hard puck like, say, Mama Bear's, then it's not a big deal as that has tons of scent and a hardened puck. But there are 3rd party soaps that are very soft and pasty that need a sealed container to stay good. Catie's Bubbles is one example.

15. gregkw1

Yeah but I thought only Old Spice soap should go into an Old Spice mug. I keep a lot of my soaps in ceramic, glass and wood containers they're not airtight doesn't really affect the soap it all

16. Tim Spencer

I'm on a computer, but you're on a phone. I'm copying and pasting links from one window to another. Takes very little time. Copy/paste on phones are a bit tough to do. I'm hella clumsy with those phones.

17. gregkw1

Well least you're not a moron I can post the link to a different thread but not this thread go figure

18. Tim Spencer

When I said Old Spice soaps go into Old Spice mugs, I meant the 'scent'. There are tons of 3rd parties making Old Spice versions. Some have 'creamy' soaps. I was just making sure my Old Spice cup could work with any soap type. I plan to try different 3rd party OS versions over time.

19. gregkw1

Why don't you try buying a glycerin based unscented soap melt it and then pour some Old Spice cologne into it how does that sound

20. gregkw1

I think I'm actually going to try that