Oleo Soapworks Musk Soap Version 3 Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Zykris, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Busted out the main attraction of @SHAVEWIZARD420 PIF. Surprisingly, once I got it lathered, the scent wasn't as overwhelming. A bonus for me or my nose is malfunctioning today. Did a two pass shave with a clean up. WTG, XTG

Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm black/white synthetic
    Razor: RazoRock German Slant 37
    Blade: Feather
    Aftershave: Sterling Glacial Unscented Balm

Ease of Lather: 9/10 No problem.
    Slickness: 9/10 It was easy to find the right water to soap ratio.
    Cushion: 8/10
    Scent Strength: 6/10 Not strong but makes it's presence known.

It was a w and pleasing shave. No issues and actually not going ATG is reducing irritation and makes it a heck of better experience.

2. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Since you already created a thread for the soap Shavewizard420 PIFed, I will include my review here as well.

June 17 - PIF in use!!

Merkur 34C
    PolSilver Super Iridium (day 4)
    Dark Chocolate (JR#148) brush
    DIY PSO
    Oleo Soapworks Musk soap
    Alum/Thayers/AOS PSB

Having returned with a bunch of goodies from Pasteur's, I decided I would hold off on those until I have tried a soap that was PIFed to me, Oleo Soapworks Musk. Not ever having used it, I got my scuttle ready and pressed a demitasse spoon's worth into it. To me, this soap took a good amount of water and made a nicely thick and slick lather. It went on great. The scent was medium to light. I did not smell a musky dark scent but instead a great rich scent. It warm warm like vanilla and caramel from a great candy maker. Very pleasing. 3 passes yielded a DFS. Had to run today so did not have time to chase the baby. Did a great job with technique I feel since the alum was silent!

Really enjoyed this soap.

Thank you Shavewizard420!!!

Zykris and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for posting your results. I agree that the scent is on the light side, but Oleo Soapworks is a nice performing soap and a relative newcomer to the market so wanted to spread the word about this newer artisan. Hope both of you enjoy the new soaps!

theFAT98 and Zykris like this.
  4. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

What I left out was that my wife also enjoyed the lather and did a little touch up and my daughter even washed her face with it. When lather is available that is good, everyone gets into the act!

Zykris likes this.
  5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

That's actually really cool to read. It was a great soap to use and I am very glad to have won it in the PIF.