One blade I won't use

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by offroad64, Jan 2, 2014.

1. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

That's just one of the DE joys here in Canada. I buy 100 blades delivered to my front door for the price of 10 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They sure are proud of those things! ???!

3. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It's a great blade for sure, but no way at that price!

4. Maestro

Maestro Member

Wow just seeing that price makes me cringe!!!!!

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Even the Emos won't buy them at that price. :eek:

6. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

I don't care if they were giving them away. I wouldn't take them. That is the roughest shaving blade I have ever used. I will grow a beard to my knees before I ever put one of those thing in one of my razors again.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

WOW $15.99 for only 10 DE blades seems pretty pricey, is Canada an island or something? What would 10 carts cost? When I was using storebranded Trac2 blades( I think they were Dorco) I could get 10 carts for about $6 and I would complain...:happy0102:
    Walgreens Drugstore here in Louisiana will sell you 10 genuine Gillette Trac2 carts for $16.49, Mach 3's go for $28.99 for 12 and Fusion's are $39.99 for 12....:(
    I guess I'm spoiled, I'm so used to buying top quality DE blades online in 100 blade lots for way less than $16..:) Even if I used a fresh blade everyday it would still be cheaper than carts in America or DE blades in Canada...Is shipping into Canada "THAT" expensive?:confused:

8. 178-bplatoon

I'm with you "LifesShort" I'd grow a "Duck Dynasty" beard before I used carts again..:)

9. Nolan1982

Nolan1982 Member

not a bad deal as you can use BOTH sides of each blade. It' really like 20 blades per pack

10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Every time I see those guys, I want to take a lawn mower made of R41s to their faces. LOL!

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

They are DE blades.

12. 178-bplatoon

Are you talking about Trac2's? How do you use both sides of each blade?

All I ever got out of Trac2's was pain,irritation and overcharged....:)