One pass shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Straight Arrow, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Yeah, a one pass wont do it for most I gather. My beard is not thick on my cheeks so a one pass does the trick most days. :)

BigT likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My beard is light, and I can get by with one pass using a feather blade in my slant bar, but realistically, a 3-pass is normal.
    Plus, if I do indeed have the time, why shorten a daily routine that provides gratification, pleasure and a certain peacefulness in my hectic mornings?
    Now if I can find a way to shorten my dental cleaning visits, I'd be all for it! ;)

Leo K. and BigT like this.
  3. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I hear ya man, that's a great routine, the traditional 3 pass :) it's cool how many approaches work for shaving, I love it! :)

4. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Most of the time, I need at least 2 passes + touch-up to get a decent shave. With a nicely scented soap and a brush, this is not a hardship.

Leo K. likes this.
  5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

1 pass!!! I use 3 1/2 passes. I could stop at 3 and it would be OK and would look great, but to be satisfied with the feel afterwards takes 3 1/2!

Leo K. likes this.
  6. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

One plus touch up, not enough noticeable improvement after that.

Leo K. likes this.
  7. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yep. one pass + touch ups, every morning. I get too much irritation if I go for more than that.

Leo K. likes this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A man's gotta know his limitations. :)

Leo K. likes this.
  9. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

It feels so good and freeing to realize what works and what doesn't. Since going to one pass (and touch up) my face feels even better and each morning I feel so good during the shave with my routine and technique!

It took me awhile (to find my limitations) but you don't know until you try all the suggestions and advice :) As in art, a limitation is a new open door :)

10. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I'm a 2 pass guy with a DE. With a straight, I'm a 2.5 pass guy (the 0.5 being for the neck area, and sometimes I do that with a DE if I'm in a hurry). I can and will do a one pass shave when I'm running late, or otherwise in a hurry.

Leo K. likes this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I do two passes. My whiskers are too thick to just do one pass. But three passes is too much. If I need to, I'll touch up certain areas after the second pass if I need to.

12. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

I do a one-pass shave once a week. I find it healing to my skin. My wife also likes a little stubble once in a while. It is hard to do only one pas because when I complete it and still see a lot of lather in the brush, I am tempted to do another!!!

13. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Hell no. 4 passes. With, across, against and across the other direction. I love shaving too much to cut down on the fun.