Oneblade your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jonnyz67, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jonnyz67

Jonnyz67 New Member

I just recently purchased a Oneblade at a meet up in Pasadena luckly I did't have to pay full price. So far I am really liking the shaves that i'm getting.

Karl G and Keithmax like this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

There are some pretty good threads on here about the OneBlade. Type OneBlade in the search, they will pop up. IMO, it it is one of the best razors where no thought, skill or technique is required to get a close and comfortable shave. It is a very nice looking razor made of top quality components, and craftsmanship is second to none. That being said, it is a very expensive tool, with blades that are proprietary to the OneBlade manufacturers. And they ain't cheap either. I got lucky and purchased mine with a promotional package with 60 blades and other items and paid $269. At the price it is now for V2, I would not lay out that kind of money for it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy when I use it. Especially when I'm short on time. Best razor for getting your shave 0n in 5 minutes or less. Very good razor. Company is who I have an issue with and their business model. That's just me though..... Enjoy it! :happy088:

Karl G, Keithmax and Jonnyz67 like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

It looks nice. But I can't get over the proprietary blades. It's kept me away from several nice set ups. I really enjoy the principal of using relatively inexpensive DE blades. It really is my last stay of rationality of savings. So that's my line in the sand, blades. I currently have four types (de,se,inject,sr). It's too much for me. I have to pass on anything else.
    But if you're happy, I'm happy for you.

Karl G, Spud, ninjack and 2 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

PS you can use a despined Gem blade in the One Blade.

Karl G likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I thought it was harder to not feasible in the version 2?

The One Blade really has no appeal to me as a "sport shaver". I can get a good shave in my sleep with a Fusion but that doesn't mean I want to.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Karl G, clint64, Spud and 1 other person like this.
  6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Fine looking razor but I share the same sentiment as @david of central florida with respect to the blades. Also, what are they now, $400.00?

Karl G likes this.
  7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Think of all the vintage gear you could get with that much dough!
    Hooo boy!

Karl G and ninjack like this.
  8. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I have been using the Oneblade Genesis V2 for a few days now.

[​IMG]

I am quite against the tide.
    I really like:
    • Aesthetics
    • Engineering
    • Efficiency
    I do not like it at all:
    • Weight
    • Balance
    • Value for money
    • Blades
    • Difficulty in cleaning

From my point of view, just wanting to buy this potato peeler on steroids, the light Core version is better ...
    But I live well without it !!!

Karl G likes this.
  9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

10. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I've been quite happy with my Hybrid. It's not a sport shaver, but it's the most foolproof razor I've seen.

It was affordable when I got it as part of a "Mystery Box". After totalling up the box, shipping, sales tax and multiple promotions, for about $75, I received the Hybrid, a synthetic brush, two tubs of shaving cream, and a tube of PSB.

As has been pointed out, de-spined Gem blades can be used, although I've not tried it myself.