Opinions on the Teck ll and DE1 by RazoRock...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Christopher Powell, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Both of these razors are very inexpensive on IB and I'm very tempted to buy them. Has anyone used either of these razors? If yes, what are your thoughts ???

Carbide Mike and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the Tech ll and really like it. Very mild yet gets the job done.

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

How would you compare it to the original?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Id say the RR shaves a lot like the English or Canadian versions, a little more efficient than the American Tech. I got my Tech ll free when IB had a special deal. Very good inexpensive razor that would be a good starter or traveling razor.

Bama Samurai and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Thnx!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

What is the overall length?

7. deoxy4

deoxy4 Member

I have both models and have a pre War and post War Tech razor.

Both Razorock models have the same head. I find the head to be in between the pre War and post War Tech in terms of aggressiveness. To me the Razorock shaves are smoother shaving and the resulting shave is just as good.

The handles are quite a bit heavier than Gillette Tech razors. The DE1 has a 3.5" handle and weighs 50 gm. The Tech II has a 4.25" handle and weighs 73 gm. To be honest I don't know which handle I prefer. I have large hands but find that some razor handles are long enough they are awkward in some shaving positions. The Tech II handle borders on being too large. The DE1 is nicely weighted and nicely sized.

That being said I have a nicely knurled stainless steel handle that I am likely to use with the Razorock heads. The chrome plating on the handles is not a problem for me but some find the handles to be somewhat slippery.

For me, these razors are a bargain for the price they are currently selling them for.

Christopher Powell likes this.
  8. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

I have been using my RR Teck II for the past two shaves and it is great. Today's shave was in a bit of a hurry, so my technique was not at its best, but the Teck gave me really good results. I don't think that you can go wrong with either razor, since they have the same head. Get which ever handle appeals to you more, or get both. If you like using Gillette Techs, then you will enjoy using one of those.

9. PilotMike

PilotMike New Member

The RR Tech II is surprisingly good given the low price. I've been using the very expensive and wonderful Feather AS-D2 for quite a few months, and while I prefer it to the Tech II, I'm incredibly impressed by the Tech II. It's truly a no brainer given the price, and were I to purchase razors as gifts to new wet shavers, the Tech II would be my top choice.

10. Richardjl41

Richardjl41 Well-Known Member

This is a Chinese razor called Baili and it costs nothing on ebay!

11. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

Yes, the RR Teck II is produced by Baili. They make great razors. I own two other models (bt131 and bd17) which they produce and get great shaves from them as well as from the RR Teck II.