Ordered My Wife a Present...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dustmite, Dec 10, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I saw a few in that style, as well as one with a bright yellow handle. I went with the sparkle because I thought she'd like it better. It seems like the handle will be a bit grippier for her in the shower, too.

Jorvaljr, jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My GF was looking at both styles also. She finally picked the one with the metal tip, also we got it pretty cheap as the other one went higher.

dustmite likes this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

My wife learned soon enough to say what she wants

And I learned to listen better :D

Very nice looking razor; she will be happy!

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

richgem and dustmite like this.
  4. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

Looking good!

dustmite likes this.
  5. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I’m thinking she’ll like it! Very nice.

dustmite likes this.
  6. dustmite

Well... The razor finally showed up today. I had to send a message to the seller two days after purchase to get them to print a shipping label, and again a few days later for them to actually ship. I opened the package up only to find that they sent me the wrong razor... I received the turquoise colored handle instead of the cream that I ordered. Not the end of the world, as I was considering that one also, but still disappointing. It is NOS never opened, though, and I think my wife will like it, but I have found an eBay seller I'll avoid like the plague.

Jim99 and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Mediocre... At least it's a NOS unit.
    Hope she enjoys. If it catches on, she may develop her own RAD!

dustmite likes this.
  8. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Sounds like they sent you mine and vise versa. Have you messaged them and/or heard back from them? The white one just showed up here today and I was supposed to get the Turquoise one. The kicker is that it looks like your order was four days prior to mine. So if they had done their due diligence and sent it when they should have the mix up would not have happened. I'm not happy with this seller either.

dustmite likes this.
  9. dustmite

I'll PM you.

10. Weasel640

So since I got the White one, and you got the Turquoise one, supposedly in identical condition. I was wondering; did yours also have a Blade in it already? Were these originally sold new with blades already installed?

11. dustmite

The one I got appears to be factory sealed. I always thought the injectors shipped from factory with a red "dummy blade" installed. I'll let you know after Christmas for sure.

12. Weasel640

Yeah the one I got still had the sticker but it was dried up and had separated from one side so I opened and saw that there was a black blade installed.

13. dustmite

A blade or a blank? The blanks don't have a sharpened edge, but the injectors are a bear to load if there isn't something there, hence the blanks.

14. Weasel640

Sure enough, it must be a blank. Looked at it a little closer today. It was totally dull, all black.

RyX and dustmite like this.