Original handle or Aftermarket handle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark83, Sep 15, 2017.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I prefer the added weight and grip of an aftermarket handle on my 3 piece razors.

I like the consistency of using the same bulldog handle with all my razor heads. It keeps things simple.

BigMark83 likes this.
  2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I swapped the handle out on my Gillette NEW open comb. I paired it with a fat handle that I think was from a tech. It didn't change things much. I own a heavy aftermarket Sabi handle but it throws the balance off too much on all my razors.

TobyC likes this.
  3. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

After reading and seeing my Tradere handle all alone I had sympathy on it. I mated it with my pre war Tech head. My opinion has changed. This is a good combo, especially when used with a Perma-Sharp, and I'd hate for that handle to go unused, seeing as they are no longer made.

TobyC likes this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Another after market handle (Triad) on a charcoal goods razor head:

IMG_20170918_150810.jpg

BigMark83 likes this.
  5. BigMark83

How is the Musgo soap ? I've read good and bad reviews.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've never had one but I like the looks of a lot of aftermarket handles, but for me nothing beats the look of a nickel-plated NEW bar handle. Which I still need to get.

TobyC likes this.
  7. BigMark83

They are very light.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep, That's why I fill them with lead shavings sealed in with melted wax.

9. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I like 'em nekkid, the yellow and red brass looks and feels great, especially with a red and yellow head, like a Tech or a New. :happy088:

100_2152.JPG 100_2151.JPG

gorgo2 likes this.
  10. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

The handle on the 1924 is too short for my liking. Particularly when dome busting.
    For that reason I have mated it to a Gillette “New” handle. Although the color really doesn’t match it works marvelously

BigMark83 likes this.