Ouch!!

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 10, 2016.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My last couple of head shaves have been a disaster! I've had a number of slices that darn near required the styptic pencil. I'm currently letting one slice heal and am starting to look like a hippie:)
    Maybe. Just maybe I'll let my hair grow out for the winter.

Nah.. I need to slow down and pay attention.
    [​IMG]

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Grow your Hair? Far out man! Just chill....shave easy!

3. RaZorBurn123

I honestly don't think I could ever grow my hair out again, I enjoy the bald look. I definitely need to slow down a bit, these cuts are becoming a daily thing.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. Bama Samurai

That's the worst...cuts upon cuts. It's why I haven't dared shave my head, I am still doing the no guard clipper buzz, injector on the back of the neck. What's your scalp setup these days?

PickledNorthern and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

I use the soap and aftershave I used on my face for that shave, I use a Schick Xtra disposal which I love! The blade is flexible.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Two or three blade? Do you feel like the scalp is more or less sensitive than the face?

7. RaZorBurn123

3 blade. So I have sensitive areas on both face and scalp. I believe my scalp is more forgiving, I still have a pretty full head of hair and a heavy, white beard.
    Its really strange that my scalp sensitivity is on one side of my head, could be related to the fact I shave left side with left hand and right/right. Possibly more in touch with pressure using my left (dominant) hand? I'll try going all left in a couple of days when it heals up.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  8. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Do you use a moisturizer or pre-shave of any sort? I've found that I get far more nicks when my skin is dehydrated. Notice I didn't say dry. My skin is rarely noticably dry. But id does get dehydrated. I use just a bit of Nivea Creme before shaving and it seems to help a lot.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I've moved to once a week during the winter. I make one pass with soap lathered on my scalp using a DE and then another pass using a Trac II. Touch ups with the Trac II finish me off pretty good.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I do the exact same thing. I just got my 19 YO son switched over to DE, and within two months he was shaving his head with it. (From the no guard clipper thing). I figure if he has the stones to do it, I should. I just have such a gnarly looking head from scars and bumps, I'm not sure anyone would want to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    When my grandson lost his hair because of chemo, I shaved my head. eli.jpg
    I eventually got one of those little headblade sport head razors. It worked really well for me.
    [​IMG]

BigMark83, preidy, macaronus and 4 others like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

You are a good grampa. Hope everything is going okay now.

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

God bless you and your grandson, my brother.

Carbide Mike, Matt0210 and Jayaruh like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you, guys. He just past his fourth anniversary of his chemo finish line. He was diagnosed at 18 months so he has lived with this almost his whole life. He is doing very well now.

15. PickledNorthern

Am really glad to hear it. God bless both of you.

Carbide Mike and Jayaruh like this.
  16. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I shave my head in the shower with bar soap, an Atra handle and Dorco Comfort Thin carts. I find these carts smooth and forgiving. I have a mole on the lower back of my head that cuts easily with a DE or aggressive razors. These Dorco Comfort Thins have never drawn blood from it !!!

Jayaruh likes this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    My shave this week is with my Atra handle and Dorco CT cart. It is a fine combination.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  18. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

This is the most badass thing I've ever heard of. Your the coolest dude I've ever met. Not many people would do a thing like this. Classy

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Jayaruh, macaronus and Carbide Mike like this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

All the best to your grandson and to also you grandpa. God Bless.

20. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5ยข

As I recall, it saved your life too because you found a melanoma you wouldn't have known you had.

Jayaruh likes this.