Out of Barbicide

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by lamontqsanford, Jan 18, 2009.

1. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I ran out of barbicide and I think it is time to give my razors a good cleaning. I have 3 chromes and 1 gold slant. Besides scrubbing bubbles what can I use to disinfect them?

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Rubbing Alcohol, keep it away from the gold one.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

water + bleach?

Fuzzy

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Alcohol will not kill everything... So I have been told.

Fuzzy

5. lamontqsanford

I had thought of the alcohol but I thought it would hurt the gold slant and that is the one that needs it the worst.

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Alcohol will kill more than scrubbing bubbles.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I can be wrong but I do not think that is true. will have to check into that,.

Fuzzy

8. JayKay

Its true simply because you can soak the razor in the alcohol and the scrubbing bubbles will get the surface but not penetrate deep into all the razor crevices. Bacteria like to hide in tight spaces deep in the razor.

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

the SB melts and runs into everything in my experiance.. but like I said am looking into it.

Fuzzy

10. JayKay

From my experience, you do a disinfectant soak whenever you can because it does better than a disinfectant spray.

11. out of curiosity, where did you find barbicide to begin with?

12. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Barber and Beauty supply stores like Sally's.
    Just google "barbicide"

13. lamontqsanford

I could just order some more online but the shipping is as much or more than the barbicide. Maybe I should just go down to the salons in town and see if they would sell me a bottle.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is your excuse for going to the Beauty shop in town.:happy102

Fuzzy

15. lamontqsanford

I mean, when my wife goes down there she can ask. Yeah, thats what I means

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good recovery.

what size bottle does it come in. I wonder if I could buy some and send it cheaper then you ordering it from the supply house.

Fuzzy

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Get a glass jar with tight fitting lid. Put razor in jar, spray with SB until jar is full of scrubbing bubbles. Let razor soak. When done with jar of SB put lid on and save for next time. Change every now and then.

18. yeah i'd like to find it at a brick and mortar store myself. something about paying to ship liquids really grinds my gears for some reason.

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks Queen,,, :love055

20. lamontqsanford

It comes in 16 ounce bottles. I get mine at Sally Beauty Supply but the closest one is 2 hours away. If you find some let me know and I will paypal you for the barbcide and shipping. Shipping will be cheaper thru USPS but most of these places don't use it. The crappy thing is it is still only about $7 for the barbicide but shipping thru the stores is more than that.