Outdoor Photos and Landscapes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by GDCarrington, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Not really a landscape (it's the entrance of Utrecht Central Station), but I don't know where else it fits ...

[​IMG]
    Mondriaan to Dutch Design Utrecht
    by Johan Thole, on Flickr

Next Friday I'm going to visit some of the museums that have dedicated exhibitions on "De Stijl".

Marverel, Redrock and Bobcat like this.
  2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

While 'technically' not outside...here's a shot of me spinning for the first time! A good friend is one of the big spinners on Instagram, and we went out to this abandoned train tunnel, under Calgary, to do some spinning. I proudly controlled this photo from my phone, which was in my pocket...learning how to use the remote shutter on my Olympus. :)

The place was super sketchy! But luckily the only thing, other than bugs, that disturbed us was the smell of a distant skunk.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX, Marverel, Eeyore and 5 others like this.
  3. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

PickledNorthern and lradke like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is outdoors.

5. PickledNorthern

Holy cow. Who would hassle you? I'd be afraid as Hell to come near you!

lradke likes this.
  6. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

Here is one I found while looking through some kid pics. It is my son stepping off to march at college football game. It ended up being used somewhere, I don't remember, website or brochure or poster or some such.

Redrock, sdguero, RyX and 3 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Rave chicks wearing feathers in their hair and bikini tops.

Could be worse.

RyX, lradke, sdguero and 1 other person like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

There is a LOL, totally right, hadn't thought of that.

lradke and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. lradke

Lol!!

I was at a fathers and kids camp last night. While there one of my buddies was asking about my photography. Naturally the kids wanted to see the photos, and then I told them about light painting! So they went running out in a field waving their glowsticks around and had me take a demo shot. The shot turned out alright! :)

[​IMG]

10. PickledNorthern

That's glow sticks?

11. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Wife and I went on a little birthday trip last week, spent 2 nights in a lovely hotel in the german low mountain range called "Harz". Great area for history buffs and hikers alike.

On our first day we hiked to this rock formation called "Teufelsmauer" (Devil's wall). This sandstone formation is approximately 12 miles long and subject of numerous legends and folklore. Sandstone was in high demand as a building material in the 19th century, so this wall was placed under protection in 1833, making it one of the oldest nature reserves in the country.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

On the following day we visited the city of Quedlinburg. UNESCO world heritage site, more than 1100 years old. According to legend the first German King, Heinrich (Henry), had been offered the German crown at this place 919. The town has been spared from the devastation of the wars, so today you find more than 2000 timber frame (Fachwerk) houses here, a few of them built 700 or 800 years ago.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Redrock, sdguero, RyX and 5 others like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Outstanding pics!

We were stationed at Rhein Main AB (now closed. Shared the runway with Frankfurt International) from 1983 to 1986. Loved it! Would really like to get back for a visit, especially Rothenburg o.t. Tauber.

Marverel likes this.
  13. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Steve - glad you like the pictures!

Funny thing is: I've never been to Rothenburg - and during this last trip my wife and I talked about visiting the Rothenburg/Nürnberg area. ;)

14. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Here is a tentative panorama of a lava flow at Craters of the Moon! That place was similar to a post-apocalypse scenery!

Bobcat likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That is an outstanding photo!

PickledNorthern likes this.
  16. lradke

Yep...the one on the far right is a ball made of glow sticks, but the others are just normal glowsticks. :). Because of the darkness the camera picked up the lights but the kids (except my daughter who's back you see...she was hardly moving) were running, so it couldn't pick them up...just the moving light.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

Thanks. I have no idea who took it. The background is actually the side of the truck they haul their gear in.

18. PickledNorthern

Really neat.

lradke likes this.
  19. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

This was a severe thunderstorm last summer. I was on my way home from work so I pulled over at a school a couple of blocks from home to snap a few photos. The clouds were amazing to look at. Fortunately, no tornadoes, but winds picked up and there was a lot of rain.

IMG_0213rev.jpg

RyX, Bobcat and Marverel like this.
  20. lradke

I went to a friend's place to watch the solar eclipse through his telescope. I don't have a telescope mount for my camera, so a few shots with my phone, through the eyepiece had to suffice. :). We had about 80% coverage. It turned almost twilight like and the temp dropped a good 5-10°C during the height. It was awesome!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Bobcat and sdguero like this.