p.160 ingredient request

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Etoyoc, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I did a soap trade a week or so ago and got a p.160 sample. I believe it is duro (hard) depite the fact that I could mold it with pressure into the AH container. It has been wonderful so far and may get a top spot in my rotation. However, I was curious...

What is in this soap? Does anybody have an ingredient list that they would care to share?

Thanks in advance!

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have a 1,000 kilo container of P160 soap, but I think I threw away the ingredient list. I believe it is the same or very similar ingredients to Cella, or Valobra soap.

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

So, are you planning on being buried in the stuff? :happy102:happy102
    (Jeff...That is a completely understandable but HILARIOUS typo.)

Cella is tallow based, Valobra is not...so there might be a difference.

I'm interested in trying this stuff, actually. Any chance of getting a sample? I'll trade you for some Valobra or some blades or something, Jeff.

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Hey, its just that good he may have that much...

I was going to comment on the 1,000 kilo thing earlier but decided to let it pass. I was going to see if 1,000 kilo was actually Canadian for 1 kilo. After all, we don't all use commas and decimal points the same when we write numbers.

Seeing that I don't have anyCella or Valobra I can't do an ingredient comparison.

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

I know about the comma/decimal thing, but with the three zeros it's probably just a typo. I do it all the time myself.

Cella and Valobra are both EXCELLENT Italian soft soaps, like P.160.

6. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

this is valobra menthol soft soap, off amazon.com
    Aqua (Water), Potassium Cocoate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Stearate, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Cocoate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum

Cella

Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum.

from dutch shaving shop
    p160 hard
    Ingedients:Aqua-stearic acid-plamitic-tallow-coccos nucifera-.(it ends here, but I wonder if this got cut off on his website?)

p160 soft
    :Aqua-Stearic acid-Palmitic Tallow-cocos-Nucifera-Benzyl-Alcohol-Pottasium edta.

7. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Jim did you ever get that serbian tallow soap that Northpaw was offering?
    It's also very similar to these fine soaps listed here

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Sorry... I was joking.. I figured there is no way he would have 1000 kilos of p,160, I like it, but I can't see anybody owning a ton of it.

Ahhh well.... they are quite different. But still in the dark on p.160.

ahh found a list elsewhere...

-aqua
    -stearic acid
    -palmitic acid
    -tallow
    -cocos nucifera
    -potassium hydroxide
    -parfum
    -potassium carbonate
    -tetrasodium edta

thanks everyone it looks like Cella is a much closer match.

9. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Let me know if you want a sample of cella and valobra menthol soft soap.
    To tell you the truth I haven't used either of these yet, but the scent of p160 is more agreeable than cella to me.

The p 160 hard is pretty soft,
    the p160 soft sounds like it's the consistency of play dough.