p160 tipo morbido question

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kris Church, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Kris Church

Kris Church New Member

I have an opportunity to purchase this. It has been stored in a 68 degree temp, and has been sealed. It is being offered for $100. I'm new to the soap scene, and am not sure if it's still worth it?

Attached Files:

SHAVEWIZARD420, Keithmax and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

It was a recently discontinued product a couple years ago when I first saw it. Never tried it myself. Hopefully someone who has can offer an opinion. How much soap is in the package? For the same coin you could get several pucks of some currently available high quality artisan soap.

brit likes this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Meh. Its good soap. But not worth paying a premium for just because it is discontinued. There are lots of good soaps that are cheaper.

RyX likes this.
  4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

It had a certain cult status back in the day. Just about any reputable artisan soap will outperform it in every way. Worth about $12, unless you want it as some kind of collectible.

5. brit

brit in a box

1 kg is a lot of soap.is it like cella?

6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Worth is dictated by the buyer. It's definitely not worth it to me, as soap is a consumable, and this one is discontinued. If you end up really liking it you will have trouble purchasing more. And if you don't like it, you're out enough money to buy at least a few years worth of soap from several great soapmakers still producing soap.

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    RyX, Keithmax and americanshamrock like this.
  8. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Because you, yourself haven't any experience with the soap, I wouldn't invest the moola. I love vintage soaps. $100 can buy a lot of Tallow AOS, Old Spice, etc. Just my opinion and only because you asked.

Bama Samurai likes this.