PAA Magi get two thumbs up from me

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by dkeester, Dec 21, 2016.

1. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

For my first Christmas as a wet shaver I decided that I would purchase a special Christmas soap to use for the season. After looking around a bit I decided on PAA's Magi. Here is the description quoted from PAA's site:
    I am quite glad that I purchased this soap. It is my first time using PAA's shaving software and the experience has been wonderful so far.

Lathering: Like many artisan soaps this is a soft soap, hot poured into a plastic container. It loads easily and creating lather doesn't take much time. The soap is a bit thirsty, but that doesn't hinder lather production. I have used the soap three times now and have had no problem producing plenty of rich lather.

Performance: This stuff is thick and slick. It is not the slickest lather that I have ever used. (That honor goes to Tabac.) However, it is definitely a good performer.

Scent: The scent is flat-out amazing. It is bold and strong with an incense-like quality. I am glad that I picked up the matching AS splash. Between the soap and the splash the scent lasts all day. I love it. It also passes the most critical test, the LOTH sniff test. She heartily approves of it.

Post-Shave: My skin feels smooth and soft after using this soap. The post-shave feel is excellent. It is maybe not quite as moisturizing as some other soaps, but it does a really good job in this area.

Overall: PAA's site talks about how their soaps aren't just about shaving, but an overall experience. Well, this soap certainly delivers. I definitely feel great after using it and it has a killer scent. I can see this soap becoming a seasonal tradition for me. I would not hesitate to buy this again.

Keithmax, Jorvaljr and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

forgive me if I'm wrong, Lady Of The Hour ?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  3. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

Lady of the House i.e. my wife

Linuxguile and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

One word makes a big difference :happy097:

swarden43 and dkeester like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Boy, does it!