Pal adjustable razor review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by aelfred.t.allspa, Apr 15, 2016.

1. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

So I was won a VERY generous PIF from @swarden43 and I received a pal adjustable. Super excited, I went to the bathroom and showered while thinking about it. I set it to half way and this is what I found:

Balance: 10. Love the way this thing feels. I picked it up and almost automatically found my sweet spot.

Angle: 10. Very easy to find. Did what I read and held it horizontally until the blade cut.

I lathered with the AOS unscented shave cream sample in my Stirling sybthetic. This thing is suhweet!! Just gliding over my face like butter. I got a couple small weepers, but that was because I always do on ATG on my upper lip. I also got one Nick in my soul patch area, but that was my fault as well. Only a little slight irritation from the razor, so i turned it down 1 notch for my next shave. I also will slow way down and pay very close attention to the angle next time. I was a little rushed.
    All in all: 10/10. If this is the standard I may hold all injectors to, then oh boy :)

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, Spyder, twhite and 4 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So glad you got the razor. Even more glad you like it!

Billyfergie, Karl G, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I liked the look of the PAL. Guess I have to add it to my list! Glad you liked it!

Billyfergie, Spyder and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am glad you like it. I traded my Pal Adjustable for a Blue Tip Gillette so @Spyder could experience the Pal. It is a beautiful razor.

Billyfergie, Spyder and Robyflexx like this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've seen them, heard about them, but have never tried one. I guess I will keep my eyes open for one.
    Nice review.

Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Old Photo (LazyLens 20160319 063148 HD).jpg
    Yep the PAL is a looker fer sure. Gives a great shave as well. There's a couple on the bay right now:)

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. swarden43

Come to think of it, @aelfred.t.allspa , you haven't posted a pic yet.
    We have a sayin' 'round here, "no pics, didn't happen." ;)

Billyfergie and PickledNorthern like this.
  8. aelfred.t.allspa

I'll post a pic a when I can. After I wake up tomorrow I'll be knee deep in grease under a dodge church van for my best friend.

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. aelfred.t.allspa

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

He hung out with his pals my buck 673 and my kellam hm10.

And here's a pic of the dinner I cooked just because I can. My pal is helping me look presentable while I apply for culinary school [​IMG]

Robyflexx, Rufus T., Karl G and 4 others like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The PAL Adjustable is a Great Injector..One of the Best..A Chick blade excels in this Razor..A Wee Tip..Store it on the H High Setting..There is No Tension on the Spring at that Setting..:)

Billy..:chores016:

11. swarden43

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I initially had trouble loading a blade. It wanted to ride up on the blade that was being replaced. I had to grab the ejected blade with a pliers so the new blade could be injected. That must have blunted the edge, because I didn't get very close shaves.
    Yesterday I set it on H and loaded the blade without any problems.
    I ended up with a dolphin close shave. I left it on the H setting.

Rufus T., Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  13. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah..The Chinese Schick Magazine doesn't quite Fit Sometimes..I decant the blade into an Original PAL Injector Magazine..It does Load easier as you say on a Higher Setting..Some of the Magazines Don't Fit some Injectors..There was small difference's in them..Never quite figured what that is but there are differences for Sure..:D

Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G and Spyder like this.
  14. aelfred.t.allspa

I tried a shave last night in L. way too mild for me. However, I will 'be adjusting one notch per shave to find my setting. When I adjusted it between passes it turned my face into hamburger. Also, my schick blades came in so I popped one in. So far though, I like the feeling. Can't wait to get it dialed in

15. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

So finally getting down to testing the Adjustable.
    As one member said - she is a shy girl. You have to find the edge.
    Which initially is not intuitive. The quietest sound/audible feedback is the key.
    Tried various setting. Somewhere between 2-3 is just fine.
    "H" all the way to the right is just brutal.
    Even works very well as a dome buster - which is always the ultimate test of versatility.
    Blade loading I found was easier on the "H" setting than "L"

16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Although I like mine on the H setting:) Tonight was three passes and bbs without trying. Had a day and a half without a shave. My type e and the PAL are my only razors that can accomplish that without irritation.

17. swarden43

Got my best shaves with thePAL on H.

18. aelfred.t.allspa

I guess my face is just too tender for that. Still haven't found a razor that can shave ATG on my lip and not give me like 4 weepers

Spyder, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  19. aelfred.t.allspa

Shaved with it in the second to lowest setting. Still irritation. Less weepers in the lip though. The clubman DEFINATELY shouted out to me

Spyder, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  20. swarden43

Lift the handle up so more of the top of the razor is against your face.