Parker handle

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by billdog2, Mar 30, 2015.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

This is a little embarrising for me, but i have an excuse (i`m old).... i forgot who asked me about the Parker
    handle not allowing the lather to run off, so i guess i`ll just say... "to whom it may concern". I had the unique
    pleasure of shaving with 2 identical carts, 1 with a pivot and the other not. I would make a couple passes with one, then with the other (same lather), the Parker clogged up pretty bad and the Atra performed as it should.
    Got my injector today and it has a Krona edge, i`ve searched the web high and low for weeks trying to figure out
    what a Krona edge is. Evidently it`s the small bar just in front of the blade that "pushes the skin ahead of the blade to make the skin taught". I just couldn`t help myself.... i had to take it for spin, so i used a bar of dial soap , lathered a small area on my cheek just below my ear and wow, bbs... that little bar tighten the skin and those little tiny folicals disappeared like you know what in the wind. I`ll try both injectors in the morning , wish
    me luck..... with Jesus in mind, i`ll say bye.

billdog2

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

good luck, I have an injector or two I need to try but have not bought blades for them yet. Hate to spend money on blades and end up being as disappointed as I was with the SE Gem razors I've used. I Don't think its the razors, just the blades. Since most SE blades are the same I'm not currently looking for blades to try again in them. I Can't handle the severe severe razor burn I got From just one pass. Felt like I was shaving with a used kitchen knife.

PatrickA51 and Jayaruh like this.
  3. billdog2

Hi, R.D. Glad to meet you, I`m Bill. I`m no great "thinker", but it seems to me that whatever it takes to get a really nice shave IS whatever it takes.
    Experimenting with different methods can be a lot of fun as well as solving problems. I have what they call essential tremors," shaky hand" that is getting
    worse over time. So I need some kind of method to keep the blade on my face. I have to pick a time when I`m not too shaky, I have rotate the razors I`ve
    gathered to see which works best with whatever method I use for that day. I have two each of several different kinds of razors, carts, de`s Gillette classics,
    injectors, both solid head and pivot. And really.... I`ve been having a blast (and some blood) so I hope you don`t give up because I AM getting closer to success. Try different types of razors and different blades and i`m sure you will find the right combination for you.

Best wishes and good luck to you too, billdog2

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Bill, thanks for the update on the Parker Trac II handle, it was as I suspected. I sometimes think these razor manufacturers don't shave with their own products ro they would know how to design one.

My injector is an 1930's Schick, an E-3 to be more specific, that is almost as open at the blade edge as a straight. It's not a razor I use often because I too have some issues with steadiness.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. billdog2

Hi subvet, your welcome.
    The shave i got for IT`s part, wasn`t that bad and it looks terrific but it`s a matter of "function over form", it will go into the drawer. As a matter of fact i just finished shaving, came out here to check my email and i thought i would respond to you. May i add that i got about a 90% bbs with two injectors. Not bad for a $40.00 investment. I still plan to go back to my first love Gillette adj./and ss. It seem like i can`t fathom success, see you later and may the wind always be at your back and The Lord in your heart....... billdog2

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just finished my fifth shave with a Treet SE blade. It was probably the best blade ever. They were sent to me by @PatrickA51 and I am hooked. They are carbon blades, so you have to dry them and dry the razor well, too. Not a big deal for a fine shave.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  7. billdog2

Hi Jayaruh, that is a nice sounding name, if got it right. Glad you are satisfied with you blades. Be happy is the best state of mind, good for you.
    I`m at an advanced age now and for most of my life shaving was a..... "duh". But like you, it`s becoming fun.

billdog2

PatrickA51 likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, you are a few years ahead of me. Is that your grandkid or great-grandkid there?
    I am glad to have discovered the pleasures of shaving, especially now that I can really enjoy it.
    The name?
    Pronounced jay-AR-uh. Jay as in jay, AR as in "are," and uh as in "uh." Meaning J R or Jim Roe. It is a nickname that came to me when I worked on a framing crew that already had a Jim, a Wayne, and believe it or not a "JW." So was born Jayaruh.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. billdog2

Hi there, Jayaruh..... That my friend, is my first GREAT grandchild, she`s two and Sat was Love on first sight, nobody could be any prouder than i am.
    Thanks for the correct pronunciation, i know what it`s like to be restricted on name choices.... with my wife`s family...Jacque, Jack,Jean,Jerry,Judy and Jimmy, Judy is my wife, our kids are Jeff,Jon,Jerry,Juie,Jayne and Joe and it continues as the family branches out (not all) but a lot of J`s.
    And yes, it is nice to enjoy shaving again,comming off an electric and an Atra. Right now i`m feeling my face and 90% bbs ain`t bad. From two injectors.
    For all my friends who have been helping me, i`m almost there (tremors withstanding). Thanks all.

With regards to all,billdog2

Bama Samurai and PatrickA51 like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That, my friend, is a lot of J's.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  11. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Isn't that the truth.

12. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I had a Schick Injector Razor Years ago When I was a teenager, I wish I still had that razor, not only for it's value, but also it was "My First Razor" not my Father's or Grandfathers or a Hand me down! It was mine! I wonder where it ever went. (my step-mother the "Wicked Witch of the North) You fill in the first letter,probably threw it away like she did most of my belongings when I was in the service.

13. billdog2

Hi Patrick, with me the "First Shave" was in `52, my older cousin and I were getting ready to out on Sat. night. We were in the bathroom washing up
    and he hands this little se razor, looked somewhat like my dad`s. So being the suave grown-up that I wasn`t. I lathered up and began as I had watched dad over the years, oh good grief what an onslaught, looked a little like what John Wayne did on Okinawa. Don`t know if it was a Gillette , Gem Or Pal.
    I just know it was red.... all over the place. Ah, what fond memories. I`m a firm believer in what works, this morning I used the injectors (1 pivot and 1 solid head), in the morning I`ll switch them around in the order I used them today, why? Because it`s fun and maybe I`ll learn something. Life CAN be fun, all you gotta do is try. Go Navy! (9 yrs.)

Put a little fun in your life and "Wet Shave" !
    billdog2