Pencil Thin Mustache FTW!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sirdonkeypunch, Nov 30, 2009.

1. sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch New Member

thank you very much man, i really appreciate your input. as far as the just for men stuff is concerned, is the the entire thing like a one time use system. im only working to darken up that little spot so i wouldnt wanna waste 96% of the product, but i gotta doez what i gotta doez.

i just wish it would come in as dark as my goatee? i got a good under-chin hair growing, its not a beard by any means, and im not sure if its considered a goatee or not, im not too hip with the terms. is hair growth under the chin solo considered a goatee? i thought goatee encompassed growth of the mustache as well as the sides of the mouth.

thanks again man! im definitely going to look into some just for men dye. or maybe on second thought if i can find some moderately cheap normal people hair dye if that would have the same effect, just a lil messier?

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Looking good. I do not know anything about the products to darken the beard and such. My brother uses the just for men and likes it.

Fuzzy

3. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

It looks good!

I'm not going to be much help in the coloring dept. (My attitude is that I've earned my gray.)

4. sirdonkeypunch

sirdonkeypunch New Member

ok its now officially finalized.........

[​IMG]

sorta grainy, but now its happy and thick and happy. next step is to get some good long 'burns going

5. Life in Sente

Life in Sente New Member

Nice mustache man! This is a tip you may or may not find useful, but here goes nothing. You can snap a double edge razor in half between a washcloth carefully so you don't need stitches and use it like a straight edge touching up whatever you need to, but that might be a little advanced. I use Shave Secret oil from Walmart on my mustache and go over the top to get it straight. I haven't gone underneath the mustache with the blade cause it still kind of scares me to try and straighten that line right at the very tip of the lip but if you're feeling brave keep a styptic handy. Further, if you're feeling particularly froggy you can use it to go to war with any unibrow issues that may or may not arise. Can't tell from your photos if that is in issue for you but it works for me.

6. sandmountainslim

sandmountainslim New Member

I wore a pencil moustache for about two years and shaved it off last summer :D
    It got ALOT of attention!
    Wp

7. sciphen

sciphen New Member

Noice noice!

Yyo, that's a dope look. I wanna go for that too. I'm new to that whole stache seen as well. Been able to grow one fer awhile but just kept it clean. But now I want a stache. I just am completely lost as how to start shaping and stuff. Any pointers and stuff?

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Depends on what you're going for.
    First, let it grow.
    As it's growing, decide what you want.
    If it's a handlebar, let it keep growing, then use mustache wax. I like Firehouse Mustache Wax.
    If you want something more trim, let it grow out past what you want, then trim it back.
    Not really rocket science.

9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Resurrecting an old thread here but in my search for mustache wax (not for my mustache but for my goatee), I decided to check out the Fire House web site. Come to find out he's right here in Mississippi about 15 miles from me. I'll definitely be giving his Wacky Tacky a try because I want to support someone local for sure. Thanks for recommending them.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool. :happy088 Keep us posted.