Perma-Sharp Super VS Gillette Silver Blue VS Gillette 7 0'Clock Super Stainless (Green)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by idan, Feb 11, 2017.

?

Perma-Sharp Super VS Gillette Silver Blue VS Gillette 7 0'Clock Super Stainless (Green)

1. Perma-Sharp Super

2. Gillette Silver Blue

3. Gillette 7 0'Clock Super Stainless (Green)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Active Member

I concluded that all three types of these blades is the best for heavy beard and sensitive skin(for me at least).
    who is more sharper between the three ?
    who is more smoother between the three ?
    who is more longevity between the three ?
    what's your choice?

Perma-Sharp Super
    [​IMG]

Gillette Silver Blue
    [​IMG]

Gillette 7 0'Clock Super Stainless (Green)
    [​IMG]

PickledNorthern and PanChango like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have used a lot of these three blades. The 7 O'clock Russian Green is a step below the other two but not a bad blade. Both the Perma-Sharp and the GSB are nice sharp blades that give me 5 comfortable shaves. I have a couple hundred of each and really enjoy them both. The GSB is less expensive and slightly smoother than the Perma-Sharp Super in my opinion. If the price per blade were equivalent, it would be a push. It is not so I rank them GSB, then Perma-Sharp Super, then Gillette 7 O'clock super stainless.

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I like both the Perma Sharp and the GSB. I think they are very similar. I give GSB the edge based on price and smoothness. (The smoothness my just be more familiarity too.)

The 7:00 greens never were a favorite.

I cannot really comment to longevity because I am a three and out guy.

Demidog and PanChango like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Only have used the GSB's and the Greens. In my Focus shaves, the GSB's always bested the Greens. But I wouldn't want to live on the difference. I'm a six day a week(Sun-Fri) shaver. Both lasted all week, two and a half pass shaves.

Demidog and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. korbz

korbz Active Member

Permasharp, then greens followed by the gsb. Pricing is a little different in Aus and the permasharp are the cheapest, and fortunately best performing for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Demidog likes this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I only have used the GSBs and the Greens. The GSBs were some time ago (and I don't take notes really) but I liked them better than the Greens. The GSBs were smoother for me.

7. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Perma-Sharp, but of the other two, I wouldn't even put them in the same category. The SilverBlue are among my top choices in blades, and the 7 O'clock green are right beside Derby in dead last... Just shows how individual opinions vary!

Demidog likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

For me, it's really tight between the GSB's and the Green's. I wouldn't want to live on the difference. Throw Voskhod into the mix and it gets even tighter.

9. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I voted for Perma-Sharp Super. It's not that sharp but it was a fairly good blade. It seemed to be Gillette's take on Voskhod. I gave GSBs multiple chances but they just never worked out for me. The Russian green 7 O'Clocks didn't feel like anything special from what I remember.

I can't comment on longevity and differences in sharpness are often so arbitrary that it's tough to judge, but Perma-Sharps are unquestionably the smoothest of the three.

10. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

A lot of people seem to prefer the GSB over the Green, but my experience was the opposite. I constantly got nicks and rough shaves out of the GSBs, but the Greens have always been great.

I've not used the Perma-Sharps, so can't weigh in on those.

11. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

GSBs are largely considered to be done of the sharpest blades available (just behind feather).

What I would like to know us how these all compare to Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge yellow blades

12. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Few blades can hold a candle to the yellow SharpEdge blades. I put them in my top category of blades, which otherwise only includes Kai, Feather, and maybe Nacet. The SharpEdge felt almost as sharp as a Feather the very first time that I used one, and it also had the advantage of being quite smooth like a Voskhod. If price is a factor, then they are simply the best blades around. My only critique is that I don't like the wax dots. Otherwise they blow GSBs out of the water but that doesn't mean much coming from me since I had terrible luck with GSBs.

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

For me they rank GSB > Perma Sharp >> 7 O'clock Yellow. The GSB blades are one of my favorites.

14. AverageJoe

AverageJoe Member

For me, the greens are my chosen blade and I find them a hair above the Perma-sharps. They are quite close but I find the greens to be a tiny bit smoother. I can get about 10 shaves out of a blade if I push things but I usually stop at 6 since much after that I really have to go over a spot multiple times to get a closer shave.

I never really liked the GSBs in any of my razors and found them to be sharp but quite rough.

15. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I have never used a Perma Sharp but I have used the GSB and Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow. I place Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow easily above GSB. Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow are great blades despite being overpriced !!!