Personna Lab Blue and Personna Medical Prep

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ryan B, Sep 3, 2012.

1. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Just used a red Personna platinum today. What a smooth shave, no irritation. I think I liked it better than the Astra SP. Going to have to order some of these Personna Labs, I have a feeling i'm going to like them too.

2. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

My top two favorite blades are Personna Reds and Med Preps. The Med Preps are simply the smoothest blade I have used.. Feather sharp without the potential for irritation. Just glides across my face. I have yet to try the Labs. I am not sure if an extra steriliztion step is worth any extra $$.. Time will tell.

3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

The only difference is the extra sterilization that meds get. Oh and the price of course.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've researched and used both and agree with the other users, I like both also but, they are virtualy the same blade. As far as I can see the only difference between the blades is price (meds cost more) and the meds are sterilized for hospital use which I'd imagine is what increases the price.....:)

5. alex2363

alex2363 Member

i use the blues all the time.

6. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I ordered some Lab Blue's because of this thread and they just came in. Was waiting for my Red Personna Platinum to get dull, today I noticed some tugging (shave 3). So tomorrow the Blue is going in. I'm expecting big things.

7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

These are the only blades I use anymore.

JRod22 likes this.