Personna Lab Blue Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Mar 8, 2017.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

My last Super Speed (that I thought was a '49 but turned out to be a Y1) came with a Platinum Plus dispenser (that had, for whatever reason, two wrapped Thins in it). I reloaded it with dome Labs, so curiosity will persuade me to revisit them tonight. (The Y1, btw, turned out to be very nice, and an excellent shaver.)

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Actually, the Personnas are lasting a lot longer than I thought they would. I have about 10 shaves in on this current blade it is still cruising beautifully through my stubble. No pulling, tugs, or cuts. Fantastic blades for the price. :)

3. Legend In My Spare Time

Had my 6th shave with my Lab Blue tonight and it is still smooth as silk. Even got some light ATG passes on my neck tonight with zero burn or irritation. Love 'em!

Taipan likes this.
  4. Otto

Otto Member

They gave me many weepers early on, so not my favorite. But I need to try them again on my vintage Gillette razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Holang-i

Holang-i Member

I use the red Israeli persona de blades by far my number one favorite de blades out of all the different kinds i have boy do they give you close shave but warning there is a learning curve.

6. Legend In My Spare Time

I had been using my newly found Voskhod blades for the last week, but decided to switch back to the Personna Lab Blues. The Blues are 10x sharper for sure and probably just as smooth - yet, I would probably give the overall smoothness of the Voskhods the slight edge.

I still had an amazing shave tonight. I've been wet shaving 6+ years now and still learn new techniques and improve with every shave. I was able to have a 3 pass shave with zero irritation from these sharp blades.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  7. matt.braley.104

matt.braley.104 Active Member

I'm new to wet shaving and I love personna blues such a great shave I have all the old ladies feeling my face at family events if only they're hands were as smooth as my face lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. wasson

wasson New Member

My go to blades. I always get a good shave with them.

9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I'll chime in. Love the lab blues too

10. Mr_Anderson

Mr_Anderson New Member

I like how they shave but the coating seems to react with my neck which is unfortunate. Nice sharp blade tho. If anyone else reacts a very similar blade for Sharpness and performance is the Gillette Silver Blue.

11. Legend In My Spare Time

Switched back to my Lab Blues last night after using some Astra SPs lately. The Lab Blues are definitely sharper than the Astras, but the Astras might be a tad bit smoother on my face.

12. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I've only used an Astra SP once. It was OK, but there are blades that I prefer. I will use one or two more out of my box of five to make sure. That first one may have been a bad one.

Linuxguile likes this.
  13. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'll admit I haven't gone through hundreds, or even scores, but none of the ones I've used were bad - well, other than the one that was in the razor that hit the floor. (mirror released from the tile)

Linuxguile likes this.
  14. Legend In My Spare Time

Went back to my Personna's after revisiting my Astra SPs for the past week. The Personna's definitely have the Astras beat in terms of sharpness, but I'd say that are just about equal when it comes to smoothness.