Phoenix Cavendish is awesome

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by John Gilbert, Nov 22, 2014.

1. John Gilbert

John Gilbert New Member

Hello Gents. I've noticed that the old How To Grow A Mustache company has recently reincarnated into Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. Just google it. Their labeling has changed, but it's the same product. I just purchased CaD and the Cavendish shaving soaps and matching aftershaves. If you're a pipe smoker, then you're going to totally dig the cavendish. The aftershave scent is spot on. It's so good, it blew my mind. I feel like I'm in a tobacconist shop when I put that stuff on. The CaD scent is really great as well. A VERY classy old time barbershop scent. Highly recommend both. I'm looking to try their other offerings since I'm so pleased with what I have so far. Any suggestions...Gondolier maybe? I really like anything that is old school, and I've picked up several Fine and Clubman products, but the Phoenix (HTGAM) products are pretty stellar so I want to explore those? JG

Bama Samurai and Stubbl E like this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

You may want to Google it more about the owner...........just saying........

Slow Joe, redrako, Chuck F and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Wow, that's really quick shipping as I think they just started selling again this week, didn't they?

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

'Cavendish' is one of those scents that you either love or find off-putting. I had a PP 'cavendish' product whose scent I initially enjoyed (the tobacco vibe), but the longer I wore it, the less I enjoyed it.
    More importantly, my wife wasn't a fan. Body chemistry plays into the mix, obviously, so I looked elsewhere. The Fine products, I do enjoy.
    Glad you enjoyed it, however. The scent does have its fans. :happy088:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Nice headsup there John, and welcome aboard! I am a pipe smoker, an though I don't enjoy many cav blends I sure don't mind the way they smell, so maybe I'll just have to try that HTGAM blend one of these days. :) By the way, is it just me or is that "How to grow a mustache" not one of the sillier names you've run across lately? :scared003: I mean honestly, what sort of eejit needs to be told how? :angry032: :happy102:

Now if they offered a soap or cream or AS or whatever with a liberal dose of the Condor sauce then I'd be on it in a jiffy. ;)

Omelmad and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  6. John Gilbert

John Gilbert New Member

OK, yeahhh, well, after some research, I see I may have stepped in mess. HTGAM and Phoenix are definitely stirring up some controversy on various shaving forums. I'm going to just keep quiet on that issue. But I have to say, I still love the scents of the two aftershaves. Thanks for the heads up. JG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Bobcat and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thanks for the aftershave reviews! Good info!

8. adam24201

adam24201 Member

Went to their website and the chocolate bourbon as and soap are now sitting in my cart