PIForama

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by bscarpenter, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. bscarpenter

My wife and I are relatively recent empty nesters. On Easter, we had nothing going and I had just gotten a new bike rack for my car. So, we loaded up our bikes and went to a local biking trail. It is about an 8 mile stretch of city managed land along a large canal. It starts at a local university and goes along the canal with some trees and scrub on one side and a sandy grassy swath next to the canal. As we were leaving the university there was some wildlife along the canal including some squirrels and birds. Then we came across an iguana that scampered away as we approached, then a larger iguana that gave us a long stare and lumbered away. Over the course of the 8 miles we probably saw 100 iguanas. I found the small ones will scamper away, but the big daddies will just stare at you as you ride around them. I heard they taste like chicken.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Enrico likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Mmmmmm iguana ... good eats! :drool: Waiting for that on Alton Brown.:rofl:

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

5. bscarpenter

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  6. bscarpenter

Piforama will be closing forever this Sunday. Get in on the action for a supply of the fruitiest / mentholiest goodies to ever have hit your face!

7. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I just wanted to check if my story didn't meet the qualifications for the PIF? If not there's another story I heard about a guy throwing a 3 foot alligator alligator through a Wendy's drive thru window last year. I'm sure I could find the article if needs be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. bscarpenter

Thanks for double checking me. Sorry missed you. And EVERY one down here knows 4' is just too big to throw through a drive thru window.

dustmite and Pilotcld like this.
  9. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Hahaha thanks! No problem! Plus, it was worth it to remember that alligator story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

One of my sons kept three iguanas. Mature male iguanas are attracted to human females during the iguana's breeding cycle.
    Info here.

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

So what you're saying is the iguana's really more of a horny toad?

RyX likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm in, assuming my story qualifies. It's just the most interesting reason that I ever went to Florida. About 27 years ago, I went down for my Grandmother's Bat Mitzvah.

13. richgem

I have to ask (because penguins can be curious) ... was she a later in life convert or did she just never make her Bat Mitzvah? I can't imagine too many grandchildren are present for their grandparent's Bat/Bar Mitzvah.

dustmite likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We are a Jewish famaily, but she wsn't raised religious. So, later in life, she pursued more of a Jewish education. Also, when she was a child Bat Mitzvah ceremonies were not generally done for girls.

15. richgem

Ah, I didn't know that.

Sara-s likes this.
  16. bscarpenter

Actually, I'm not Jewish, but my wife is, and I've been to several bat mitzvahs of women over 40. I think bat mitzvahs weren't as common 25 yrs ago.

Sara-s likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Probably not. BTW, the first one in the US was held in 1922, but they remained uncommon for a long time. (My Grandma was 13 that year.)

18. richgem

She's 108? Go grandma! The stories she could tell.

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No, she passed peacefully when she was 90. But she did indeed have her share of stories to tell.

20. richgem

God bless her

Pilotcld and Sara-s like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.