Pinaud Clubman Reserve aftershave-Gents Gin

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by MR41, Feb 3, 2018.

?

Favorite Clubman Reserve Scent

1. Gent’s Gin

27.3%
  2. Whiskey Woods

45.5%
  3. Brandy Spice

27.3%
  1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

FYI- this after shave is great if you like scents that are not sweet and very slightly peppery; even slightly harsh. It reminds a little of Sherlock by Chisled Face. The cedar notes come through nicely but not over poweringly. I really like it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    mrbaho and jeraldgordon like this.
  2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Yup, Special Reserve is a great classic all right!

Enrico and Paul Turner like this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

There’s a new Pinaud line called Clubman Reserve with three scents- Gents Gin, Brandy spice, and a Whiskey Woods.

4. jeraldgordon

Ahhh! I didn't know! Have you tired all three? Now I have to check them out!

MR41 likes this.
  5. jeraldgordon

OK, just ordered the Whiskey Woods - the description sounds fantastic! Can't wait.

MR41 and Paul Turner like this.
  6. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I recently tried the Brandy Spice and really like it. Of course, now I'll have to get the others! At this rate (AS splashes are my weakness) I'll be able to use a different splash every day for months. Damn enablers.

jeraldgordon and MR41 like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I said previously, that's the one I originally wanted-sold out, so I went for Gent's Gin. But sometime I'll get the WW.

MR41 likes this.
  8. jeraldgordon

Still sold out on the Pinaud site, but Amazon had 8 bottles left!

MR41 and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Paul Turner

What can I say....the thing's gettin' around.

MR41 likes this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I haven’t. Please let me know what you think of Whiskey Woods; that’s the next one I wanted to try.

11. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

These are some very dangerous threads ;) It's getting to the point I have more flammables in my bathroom than in the gas cans in the garage :eek:

12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Looks like you are lucky to have gotten any of these. Everywhere I looked online was out of stock except for a few bottles of the Whiskey.

I wish more brick and mortar stores would carry the Clubman products.

MR41 likes this.
  13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

The Clubman site had all of them the other day.

14. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Thanks!

MR41 likes this.
  15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

16. jeraldgordon

Well, my Whiskey Woods arrived yesterday. Like I do with all Clubman products, I put about 30 drops of glycerin in the bottle, and shook it up well. So, what did I think?

Very interesting and complex scent profile! The initial burst of scent makes me think loosely of Old Spice, with some musk mixed in. It then dries down to bring out a bit of the wood scent, while retaining a sweetness from, I assume, the bergamot.

All and all I enjoyed it very much, and will incorporate it into my lineup. It will not replace the Special Reserve, which is my “day off” scent 75% of the time, but I will definitely be glad to have it available. I look forward to trying the “Gents Gin” next!

17. Paul Turner

That's right, Special Reserve is quite different than the "Clubman Reserves", although not so much in name :). Interesting you liken the Whiskey Woods to Old Spice..I might bring out my Clubman Country Club Shampoo when I use the Stirling Spice soap&AS. Not that much of a difference in fragrance, come to think of it. I'll be waiting for your commentary on Gent's Gin, which I have, and is nice, but I can easily see how it is more suited for warmer weather.

18. jeraldgordon

Gent’s Gin! Oh, where has this been all my life?!? The juniper and a very dry lime are sensational, then they dry down and allow the cedar to come out... this is a sensational scent, in my opinion, and now a permanent part of my den. This is good stuff! I liked the Whiskey Woods - a pleasant weekend diversion... this stuff goes way beyond that.

:happy069:

19. Flipper

Flipper Member

Kind of late to this conversation but after getting a hot towel shave at my local place today I saw a bottle of Whiskey Woods at his station I asked to smell it and commented that I like other Clubman products. He said people found it to be too strong and gave me the bottle! Win!

20. Paul Turner

The guy doing a Gents Gin video kind of made the point about it should be used in warmer weather, but he did so in rather cynical fashion. After it was over, I said right into my monitor "Fella, you're NO ANDY ROBUSTELLI! (Robustelli, as I've been talkinabout a lot here, was one of the sports athletes who did a TV ad for the original Rise Shaving Cream. He was a defensive end for the NY Giants in the late 1950's-60's. He's deceased now, but one of the comments about him was that he was a "most dignified gentleman". That's why I yelled at my monitor to the Gents Gin "freak". )

Tedolph, john zeiger and jeraldgordon like this.