Pinaud Clubman VS Aqua Velva Ice Blue VS Skin Bracer

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by idan, Oct 15, 2016.

?

Pinaud Clubman VS Aqua Velva Ice Blue VS Skin Bracer

1. Pinaud Clubman

2. Aqua Velva Ice Blue

3. Skin Bracer

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Really like AV but Clubman is a scent I have grown to love as well. Skin Bracer I could like without. IF I had to pick just one I think I would go with AV.

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Clubman is my everyday aftershave save the rare Aqua Velva use. I change soaps and creams regularly but not so much aftershaves. My wife likes Clubman on me too.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I voted Skin Bracer, I really like it, but Skin Brazer beats Aqua Velva by a nose and Aqua Velva beats Clubman by a nose only because my wife doesn't like Clubman. If I could use Clubman more, it would be my first choice.

Spyder likes this.
  4. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

AV all the way haven't used Skin Bracer don't like super powder scents so no go on Clubman I do love pinaud VIBR though

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

MR41 likes this.
  5. nicolys

nicolys New Member

My vote has to go to skin bracer. It's cheap, it smells good. Plus at my age (17) it really sets me apart from all the idiots using adidas and other big new aftershaves. All that said I do like my aqua velva, I just wish the scent would stick around a bit more

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I like Skin Bracer and mix with it as well. :D
    AV reminds me of the geriatric ward :signs081: and can only stand it if its mixed :pot:with Florida Water. :happy005:
    Clubman is a clear winner every time and never lets me down.:happy108: I use it more than anything else.:happy093:

7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna change this and say Aqua Velva wins by a nose.

Douglas Carey and LevelupShaves like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I like all three...And sometimes I like to splash with Pinaud and then splash with just a touch of aqua velva musk....But everyday I like to splash with Clubman...sometimes as a base to layer another fave...But always Clubman is a must...Also love Clubman Special Reserve and Classic Vanilla.

9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Seems like the three are somewhat different ?
    I have the ice sport on the way. Tried AV today and big fail IMHO. Smell from bottle was nice. After on it smelled like old man all! The way. By the time I got in the car it dried down to my old grandmother's smell (God rest her soul) I just can't.
    Clubman lime sec works for me. Big no to veg.
    Skin bracer? Anyone who voted for it care to describe the smell?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Douglas Carey likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You just made Fuzzy's favorite person list!! BULLY!!!!!

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Skin bracer is more of an oldman smell then Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Which is cool cause it's classy to smell like an old man.

Currently I like AV ice blue then clubman, then skin bracer. That changes pretty often though.

12. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I'm confusing myself. I have ice sport on the way.

Douglas Carey and Bama Samurai like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have some of that...no where near as classy. Lol. But not a bad scent!

Paul Turner and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. Kondor

Kondor Member

I voted for Aqua Velva, I love it, over all during hot days!
    I don't like Mennen. It is really cheap and has a good after shave effect (skin is soft and relaxed) but scent is not for me...
    Never tried Pinaud Clubman... Many people here say that it has a "very American" scent... Not easy to understand for me... But if it is so famous here, probably it is true!
    Probably I will try it in the future...

15. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Exactly, if it's a warm to hot season I wear the Aqua Velva, or the Skinbracer. If the season is cool, to cold, I wear the Pinaud Clubman. I did vote for the Aqua Velva Ice Blue because it's usually what I wear the most.

Clayton

16. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I thought the Clubman was a little strong myself coming out of the bottle. The trick is don't douse yourself in it and the scent will powder down and be about as strong as the talc is after the barber applies it to the back of your neck.

Clayton

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

follow-up..close to 2,000 reviews altogether, but 5-star still way out in front.

18. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Clubman > Skin Bracer > Aqua Velva

19. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

AV > SB > Clubman

In theory, I LOVE the smell of Clubman, but after a few hours it gets kind of stinky on me. SB fades quickly, but AV is the king, love the scent and if it hangs all day I don't mind at all!
    Plus menthol bomb baby.

Paul Turner and Jim99 like this.
  20. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Pinaud Clubman
    Wow...like many have said, tough choice. All three are so different. I'll go with the Clubman since I'm pretty sure it's the oldest. It does great in the function part of what an aftershave should actually be all about. The scent choice is subjective, of course, but because it's still so popular after all these yes,I'll go with the Clubman again. So, yeah, my one vote is Pinaud Clubman.

Paul Turner likes this.