Pipe and cigar smokers, is this the beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Keithmax, May 5, 2016.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

They're around $9 here (current exchange rate), and that's mostly taxes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

Greg W.

PLANofMAN and Keithmax like this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I intentionally tried to avoid the political - philosophical questions related to this regulation. While I was focused on the destruction of the hobby it is hard to not have strong feelings on the politics behind this regulation. I have a feeling there will be stampede as people rush to buy cigars and pipe tobacco. Let us hope that this is averted.
    I appreciate all the posts.

4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Keithmax likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Geez, you can buy a sack of weed for less then a pack of cigs in Colorado.. And it's legal. :hooray:

Keithmax likes this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just got another box of Castaneda Cameroons by La Aurora. I am going to light one up after my annual physical this morning............... :happy069:

I am hoping for some major house cleaning in November.

[​IMG]

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

True...once upon a time. Now the only real difference in these things is the U.S. playing catch up in implementation. U.S. judges now openly draw inspiration from foreign laws antithetical to the inadequate or "living" document, depending on which judge you ask. There is no longer anything that can't happen here, and you have to be wearing tin foil NOT to see that.

Erik Redd likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

90quattrcoupe likes this.
  9. Erik Redd

The CDC and American Cancer Society are against tobacco products in all forms. Although cigarettes have the highest risks by far, there are risks in other forms as well. One of the concerns is the use of e-cigarettes in high school students.

upload_2016-5-8_9-15-1.png

I view the requirement to report the ingredients list of tobacco products as a benefit, although probably not worth the cost increase that will accompany the new regulations to me personally.

I wish the FDA hadn't done this, but that's from a selfish view on my part since I'm sure it will lead to more money out of my pocket.

The majority of the population view the use of e-cigarettes as harmful, at least as indicated by this recent poll.

upload_2016-5-8_9-33-18.png

Tobacco legislation and restrictions are only going to increase. It might be a good time for me to stockpile pipe tobacco.

I don't view this as a conspiracy between government and the tobacco industry, our government is too inept and dysfunctional for any credible conspiracy to succeed.

10. colosilverado

colosilverado Active Member

I see this as being similar to the 2nd Amendment battle. It will be a dog fight, but on a smaller scale with price inflation in places, and people stocking up when they can if it looks like it'll get ugly.

I'm not trying to make this political, just drawing a parallel.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

:angry032:

my head hurts

12. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Has anybody heard about the new law in New York City?
    Businesses and establishments are not allowed to call men men or women women if you use an incorrect term to identify someone it can mean fines from 125,000 to $250,000

13. gregkw1

Man I can't wait till Trump gets in there

14. Erik Redd

Although partially true, that's not completely accurate

http://www.snopes.com/transgender-pronouns-fine-nyc/

15. gregkw1

It's still crazy. Any part of that law is freedom of speach. If I want to be mean nobody can tell me I can't

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Big brands here in NC go for around $4.50 - $5.50 a pack, while cigarettes from NC companies can be bought for around $3.00 - $3.50.