Plisskon

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by over5feet, Aug 13, 2012.

1. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

So after a 3/4 shaves with my new Plisskon ( I got it 2nd hand as only 80 made) but looks like new IMAG0155.jpg So I thought I would share what it was like, The first thing you notice apart from the outstanding engineering is the weight and at 124g its a heavy razor and being just a 2 piece razor the look is very modern.
    To load the blade you hold the top part of the head and unscrew the handle, the place the blade on the lugs and while holding the head also grip the other part of the head which is still attached to the body and twist until the top sits tight, Todays shave I used a Gillette bleue blade and Williams mug soap and a custom boar brush once you have a good lather the angle of the razor is about the same as maybe a Fatboy but no pressure the weight of the razor does all the work, with one pass its clean with only a small amount of stubble left over, once you reapply another coat of lather and go for a second pass it a very close shave possibly as close as any straight shave.
    If this is how good the Pils copy is then I would love to try the Ikon S3S
    IMAG0156.jpg IMAG0157.jpg

Hanzo, alpla444 and PLANofMAN like this.