Point me to information on Gillette packaging

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JBSharp, Oct 30, 2013.

1. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

I need the help of a guru. I'm trying to dig up original boxes for my Gillettes. My Super Speed box is on the way, and I'm waiting for the right opportunity for a Fat Boy case. My big quandary is my '65 ball end tech. I can't find any definite information on packaging for those things. I just bought a box which I now believe is probably 40's era, because it was in great shape and a steal with another ball-end, but I won't be satisfied until I get this thing in its proper home.

I've looked around the web at the usual places - Razor Emporium, Gillette history wikis, searching these here forums - but can't nail it down. I'm a whisker's breadth away from buying Krumholz's "The Complete Gillette Collector's Handbook" solely for the hope of finding this information.

Anybody got a clue? Advertisements, catalogs, anything.

2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

I would think that the '65 Tech came in a cheap blister pack. Gillette started putting Techs in them in'63. I'm not 100% for sure, just a best guess.

I noticed you didn't mention MR. RAZOR'S site in your searches. It is an awesome site, it has everything!

3. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Blasted blister packs. I'd hoped they didn't appear until later. If that's the answer, I'll use the latest Tech case that was produced, or just pick the one I like best. Mr. Razor gives me a couple of rabbits to chase.

Thanks for that, by the way. I've looked at Mr. Razor before but missed it on this particular quest.