POLL; Would you visit TSD without tapatalk?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, Jul 28, 2017.

?

Would you visit TSD without tapatalk?

1. Yes. Spend the extra income here.

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. I'd return, but probably less than if we kept tapatalk.

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. No. If tapatalk goes, I go.

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Don't use tapatalk don't care.

61 vote(s)
    70.9%
  1. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

I found this forum because of a Tapatalk recommendation. I like it here but if it was dumped I'd only visit the others. I think most of the Tapatalk salt may be from older versions. For those of us that have a few forums and are on the move allot using Tapatalk as an aggragator for all our visited forums is a must have.

I mainly use forums for BST and if any TSN sellers or traders only use TSN they will lose some visibility of their stuff. I do see many active traders selling the same stuff on multiple forums so they will be ok. Those only using TSN will lose some visibility.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

If it doesn't support Tapatalk, I won't visit. Tapatalk is not great, but it's the only way I can keep my forums in one place.

I can fully understand when a site admin decides they won't support Tapatalk anymore. And the (few) sites I left probably keep going on very fine without me

3. Steve C

Steve C Active Member

There were a few programs out there that merged communication tools. I tried quite a few of them a few years back, but found that I really didn't need one.

4. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

That doesn't make the poll less valuable. It only highlights something that Tapatalk doesn't do. This poll is still important, especially to the Tapatalk user, because he will be the one who has to adjust if it is dropped. If I were a Tapatalk user, I would make sure I got my vote in using another method.

dustmite likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

You're missing the point entirely. Tapatalk viewers only see the original post soliciting feedback, they would have no idea there is a poll unless they happen to read a post mentioning it. I had no idea there was a poll until way into this discussion.

It's rather ridiculous for a non Tapatalk user to be telling us why we shouldn't be using it, especially those who are clueless as to its utility. We are quite aware of its limitations and flaws, thank you. A simple "I don't use it" is really all the feedback required in response to the OP.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. jaxstraww

I rather have no ads than participate in polls.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

jmudrick likes this.
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I only use my desktop.....................more should.

TitanTTB likes this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

What, use your desktop?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

John Beeman and mrchick like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I use both desktop and talpatalk. When I first joined I tried to use the forum on mobile and it wasn't very mobile friendly then. I'll give the browser a try and see if I can live without Talpatalk. I think the biggest convenience with Talpatalk is being able to post photos without having to worry about resizing them or uploading them to a photo hosting site.

mrchick, PLAla and jmudrick like this.
  10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No need to get worked up into a frenzy over the poll. It is not the only thing we are taking into account with this decision.

Ads are only visible to people who aren't logged in.

mrchick, dustmite, Puma and 2 others like this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I think the last desktop I had was running Windows 95.

mrchick and PLAla like this.
  12. jaxstraww

No frenzy on my part. Just working off the info provided in the 1st post.

Most forums (ourselves included) make money from ads, or referrals to other websites (such as amazon and ebay)

Tapatalk has a $10 month premium service, $5 month standard and a free service as well. Not sure how they grab ad revenue if it isn't in the fee structure. Is it Tapatalk grabbing the revenue or the forum host?

In the past more so than the Tapatalk license the issue was running your own forum and constantly upgrading the forum with the new Tapatalk script. I know when I had a few forums that was the PIA and decided to have the host do a soup to nuts in updates including new phpBB scripts or whatever software I was using at the time. Screwed up allot of tables when I tried hosting my own forum with backbone from a host. Easier but more cash to let the host do it.

13. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I have not missed your point at all. I know that you can't see that there is a poll unless you read the comments, but reading the comments is something that most of us do when we are on here, no matter how we access the forum. It is clear that Tapatalk users have realized that there is a poll, and the ones who care enough have found a way to vote. If it is important to you, you will find a way to vote, too. I also have not told anyone that they shouldn't use it, and the people who have pointed out its flaws are the people who do use it. The rest of us have merely repeated what those people have told us. If you read, and understand, my comments I have said that some people like its convenience even though they have other ways to participate in this forum, and I have also advised you and others that if it is important to you, you should find a way to vote, because you will be the people who are affected by its being dropped, and the worthless poll might get used to help make the final decision. So get pissed about it if that's your tendency, but you might want to read a little more carefully first.

14. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I logged in on the website to vote. I agree; if you care enough about Tapatalk support, using the website for filling out the poll is not too much to ask.

Puma likes this.
  15. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Yeah. I was probably more diplomatic earlier when I said, "the Tapatalk user...will be the one who has to adjust if it is dropped. If I were a Tapatalk user, I would make sure I got my vote in using another method." However, I can never resist going back at someone who gets a little too aggressive on social media. I admit that it is not always a virtue. Apologies to anyone I offended.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

See my avatar.

jaxstraww and Puma like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I use both. I use tapatalk for loading pictures via pm and mainly for pm discussions between this forum and another. I don't use tapatalk to post and reply in thread posts. So for me it's no big deal. I don't access the forum on my computer only my iPhone. If you do get rid of tapatalk I would ask if you can invest in away to be able to post pics easier. It's the only reason I went to tapatalk in the first place.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Tapatalk overwrites our affiliate links with their own affiliate links.

What exactly makes posting pics difficult? If I know what we need I can look to see if there are any add-ons tat would meet the requirements.

Primotenore, Linuxguile and Jorvaljr like this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

For me, its file size limitations. I don't want to have to take my photo, run it though an editor to reduce the size, and then upload it. Talpatalk takes care of that for you.

20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I can't seem to be able to send pictures into pm. To upload pics into threads I have to do the following:
    1. Take picture
    2. Screenshot picture
    3. Crop picture
    4. Upload picture.
    I have to do this every time. If I take multiple pics if items each picture requires 4 steps .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiredricefarmer likes this.