POLSILVER Super Iridium

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dave Paskowski, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

I really want to try these blades. My problem is that I would have to order some other items to justify the $6.00 shipping fee and I want to get some stuff from the TSD store, so ordering more items is not possible at the moment. Is there anywhere I can pick up a pack of 5 or 10 without paying the $6.00 shipping?

2. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I tried one a while ago, it was a very good blade, too bad I don't have anymore I'd send you a few.

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

That's a blade I still want to try too. I have so much stuff, I feel the need to use some of it before buying any more though. :)

4. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

5. Dave Paskowski

Thanks for the link.

6. offroad64

Your welcome.

7. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

Maybe trade...? I don't have any and I can't trade yet anyway. Just a thought.

8. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

How does the new one compare with the now discontinued original Polsilver blades? Has anybody tried them side by side or back to back to see how they compare?

The original blades (in the brown box) are really good.

9. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Dave will be able to tell you...very soon. :angelic007:

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I love everything about the PolSilver Super Iridiums except the price...:) Send me your snailmail addy and I'll send you a few of them...

11. offroad64

12. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I've compared the original SI and new Polsilver side by side. As far as I can tell they are essentially the same blade, and both quite excellent. Dave, PM me your address and I'll send some of each by mail.

13. Dave Paskowski

This problem seems resolved to the graciousness of blanka. Thanks again!!!

14. Dave Paskowski

178-bplatoon Thanks for the great offer, but one mustn't be greedy.

15. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

The Polsilvers are my favorite blade. Those, Feathers and vintage Wilkinsons are the only blades I use now.

16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

These places also carry the Polsilver Super Iridium blades, have a little better quantity pricing, and also have a great selection of products:

Smallflower
    Bullgoose Shaving
    Shoebox Shaveshop

I have ordered from all three, and can vouch for their excellent customer service. Smallflower is the online branch of Merz Apothecary in Chicago. If you ever get the chance, a visit to one of their two brick-and-mortar stores is well worth the time spent.

I have tried the old Iridium Super Extra Stainless, old Polsilver Stainless and the new Polsilver Super Iridium blades, and found them all to give identical, excellent shaves. Good thing, since the Polsilver Stainless and Iridium Super blades are now virtually impossible to find.

17. Nolimit

Nolimit Member

I just ordered 100 of these and 100 persona medical grade. Heard great things about both and still deciding on what blades suit me best. Just waiting for them to arrive. Couldn't find a Canadian seller so had to get it shipped from the US.

18. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm just now trying out a new blade at least for me called Viking's Sword from Israel...If your liking the SI's you may want to give these a shot...They are giving me consistantly great shaves at a fraction of the price of the SI's and "no" wax spots on the blade..A little hard to find I get mine from a seller on ebay called "liorfe"...

19. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The Russian Polsilver Super Iridium's are one of my top 5 blades, also the most expensive along with the Gillette Platinum. I have used the Polsilver's in my rotation for some time, but had never gone past 4 shaves. This morning, I just finished my 6th great shave with one: smooth, close, and nick free. I did not have any tugging on any of the six.

These are blades, so more than ever: YMMV.

[​IMG]

PatrickA51 likes this.
  20. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I was given some in a PIF , They are good Blades. I got a Good Shave from them.