Popular Soaps You've Never Tried?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Mar 25, 2017.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Same with me because although I've tried a hell of a lot of different soaps which are popular there are so many that I haven't and perhaps never will.

Matt0210, Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The B&M Levithian has caught my eye. But I have others in mind first. And a NB18 pledge to keep!!!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

:signs011: For under $20 you can try samples of several TSD Supporting Vendor's soaps. The rest of the products in the box are available for sampling, or trading. The contents keep changing as each person takes and gives. Check the action HERE.

Douglas Carey and dustmite like this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Any of the American soaps (apart from two Mama Bear samples which I didn't like very much). Matter of price, availability, and an abundance of good European soaps.

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Boellis Panama...a soap that is REALLY challenging my NB '17.

6. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Catie's Bubbles is another that gets almost universal praise that I have yet to try.

But! That should be taken care of as I have their "Le Nude" ordered and should be here in a few days. Was even personally emailed by Chris himself. It means a lot to me when the owner/management reaches out like that. :)

7. Paul Turner

I HOPE this is a popular brand, but I look forward to making my first soap purchase from Local Gent in the coming weeks.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  8. Paul Turner

Friendly, professional customer service has never been more vital in these times(IMO).

9. Legend In My Spare Time

Mitchell's Wool Fat is another, but I don't think I ever will, seeing as how I'm allergic to lanolin. I've heard some great things once you get the lather dialed in.

LevelupShaves likes this.
  10. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

MdC

And I want to get a tin of SV 70th but haven't done so yet...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Legend In My Spare Time and RyX like this.
  11. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I still haven't tried Arko yet. The 2 soaps I really want to try are Arko and Mitchell's Wool Fat.

12. brit

brit in a box

barrister and mann;always sold out,,caties bubbles ;i have a daughter named katy, sorry would nt work,and martin de candre; i am suffering D.A.D.=Dollar Acquisition Disorder...

13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Funny, I've got that one too!

Legend In My Spare Time and brit like this.
  14. Legend In My Spare Time

Soap Commander is another one.

I'm thinking of picking some up though. The Integrity looks really nice and the ingredients look fantastic.

Edit - I just ordered some, lol.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Screwtape, PLAla and lightcs1776 like this.
  15. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

I'd like to try Taylor of Old Bond Street and Barrister & Mann. Other than that, I've mostly settled on Proraso or Tabac, as both work great.

16. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

If you use what you have first before buying another soap - be prepared for Tabac. If you buy Tabac, it will be the only soap you have for a long time. It is a very hard soap. Lathers great but will last a very, very long time.

17. RetLEO-07

If you're gonna go TOBS, try the Coconut Luxury Shaving Cream. Slick, comfortable and smells great.

18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have not tried the TOBS Coconut, but I do have the Avocado, Sandalwood and Lavender and I like them all. As you said about the Coconut, they are all slick, comfortable and smell great. I was a bit taken aback by the Lavender when I opened it because the cream is a bright lavender colour, but it lathers up white just like the others.

I have also heard people say good things about the TOBS Almond and several others. To be honest, I don’t think I have seen any really negative comments about any of the TOBS creams.

19. RetLEO-07

I felt the same way about the Trumper "Limes". Green in the tub and it comes up white when you lather it. Also another cream I like a lot.

Screwtape likes this.
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Just be aware that it is a very sweet coconut scent.