Pre-War Tech?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark, Sep 16, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Here are my questions?

1. Do all Pre-War techs have Triangular slots and
    2. Are they indeed more aggressive than the later techs?

I ask because I just love the look of the old techs, especially with the triangular slots and want to get a hold of one some day.

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

When I used pre and post war Techs I did not find much of a difference, or maybe if there is a difference it was too subtle for me to discern.

3. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

This was my experience as well.

[​IMG]

Troy M likes this.
  4. BigMark

Thank you gentlemen. Now if they shave no different I have no use for for one if only for the reason that it looks different.

5. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    There may be some difference in the shave. However, my pre-war is also a fat handle. The slight difference that I may or may not have imagined could be from the different handles. I prefer the fat handle's aesthetics, though!

Uh... is now a good time for me to plug my ugly underdog, the Yuma? In the razor kingdom, I would place it in the Tech family. Its shave is different from a Tech, but still top notch! Can you abide a 100% Zamak cheapo if it delivers some shaving smoothness?

... or have I beaten that drum too much? :signs002:

( I just loaned my last Yuma to a guy I hope to convert to wet shaving. Time to buy some more! )

6. BigMark

No pot metal here dude. Brass only.

maltedmilk likes this.
  7. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Did I say it was only $2 at Bestshave.net? Order some Arko and blades and throwing a Yuma in for $2 is like getting one for free! ;)

8. HUF

HUF Active Member

How's pre- and post-war Fat Handle Tech compared to Ball End Tech from 50s?

9. HUF

HUF Active Member

The handle resembles one of Merkur 1904, but it is probably made of Zamak as well.