Price of Muhle R89 vs Edwin Jagger L89

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sepand, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sepand

sepand New Member

2. They do have the same head, and the price difference is something that some of us (me) are still trying to figure out. Up until two or three weeks ago the going price for a Muhle razor was only 43 dollars give or take. I still have no idea why the price went up almost 20 dollars on the Muhle razors. I guess you pay for the name?
    Either way with the same head the EJ will give you just as fine shaves.

3. sffone

sffone Member

There really is no reason not to go with the EJ.

4. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

The quality of the EJ razor is excellent. The 89L is a beauty as well.

eric.

5. Slick Rick

Slick Rick New Member

I have two EJ's and I am very happy with both.

6. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

muhle just has a brand name to up hold they cant sell product with their brand name for cheap. also the ej handle is solid and heavy. I have heard that the muhle handle is hollow.

7. sepand

sepand New Member

K, then EJ it is :)
    Is there a website that sells EJ razors that everyone here recommends? I live in Canada, but I can have it delivered to England or Germany as well.

8. OldAF

OldAF New Member

Excellent service and good prices.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/

9. Allen-Edmonds

Allen-Edmonds Member

Damn, sure glad I bought my R89 when it was $43. Even WCS upped their price. Odd.

10. El-a-Menthol

El-a-Menthol New Member

I don't think it is just name. Over here in Holland the price difference is Euro 25 vs Euro 30.

Edwin Jagger
    Muhle

So it is a combination of things probably. It would most likely be a distribution and storage thing.
    So over here it is really profitable to go with the Muhle unless you really like the EJ.
    My R89 is about to arrive, the only thing that is stopping them from sending it is a chrome silvertip they're working on...:happy093: