Prohibition Style...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Str8 Shaver, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

Prohibition Style... Has anyone else had experience with them, as I've just ordered Capone's Bayrum, and already they've proven themselves to be a class act... can't wait to receive the soap...

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I received a tub of the triple butter formula in a trade. It is quite a hard soap and I had to make sure I loaded enough product. I ruined the lather the first time by taking it past it’s breaking point with water. Snuck up on it the next time and was rewarded with a nice lather.
    It is a little more work than most of my other soaps, but is nice and slick. Pleasant, light scent.
    I didn’t bloom it (or any soap, fwiw), but I think the artisan recommmends it.

Str8 Shaver likes this.
  3. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

Well, the Prohibition Style: Capone's Bayrum Tallow croap is definitely up there, with no problems getting a really hydrated slick, protective lather. It delivered the performance I expect from a Tallow soap / croap, and did it effortlessly. In fact, it provided the base for an impeccable shave, that included the 1st use of a Personna Platinum blade. Yeah, colour me happy.... :happy088: