Proraso Green Aftershave BALM

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by walds11, Apr 18, 2014.

1. walds11

walds11 New Member

Joe from Italianbarber.com and Razorock mentioned that Proraso has released a new Green Aftershave Balm.

I emailed C.O. Bigelow who is the US distributor for Proraso. The rep checked with the person who deals with Proraso...

"There is no new product available for the US market at the time. She said that they do offer new products in Europe from time to time, but usually wait a year or so to package it for the US market. What you are probably hearing about is probably only available in Europe.

If they do decide to add any products to their US list, we will be the first to have it, but she usually knows well in advance if that is going to happen and there are currently no additions planned for the near future. Feel free to ask me again in a month or so and I’ll find out if there is any updates then. I wish I could tell you more, but I’m afraid that is really all I know at the moment."

I want to know more info about this elusive green aftershave balm now! :)

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

3. walds11

walds11 New Member

So you are saying that the new green aftershave cream (balm) is similar to the white, but more menthol? And a green top :)

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yep. I've tried the white and am interested in getting a hold of the green as I assume you are. I'm thinking if you put menthol crystals in the white, you've got green. Maybe a green sharpy for the bottle... Hmmm... ;)

If you find a place in the US that has it, please post it. I've been looking at Amazon Italy and they don't yet, so I'm wondering if this is actually released or not.

5. walds11

walds11 New Member

From what I read on another forum, it's only available locally in Italy. The green balm sounds like good stuff! It appears that the green balm won't be available for sale via the online retailers anytime soon :(

6. walds11

walds11 New Member

I contacted Proraso via the online contact form asking when the new green balm would be available in the US. Stefania Martelli responded to my inquiry...

Dear Adam,
    thanks for contacting us.

I regret saying that the product you mentioned will be available in the USA next year only.
    I apologise.

Best regards

Stefania Martelli

Very disappointing that us folks in the USA will have to wait until next year. Our only hope is that the Italianbarber.com gets it in stock sooner.

7. walds11

walds11 New Member

I received a bottle of this awesome stuff today from a friend in Italy. It's not available in the US yet, but you can view the product on the italian version of proraso.com...click Prodotti, click Verde, click scroll and then click the 7th bullet link on the left. I already shaved this AM, but gave it a little test run anyway. It's lightly refreshing and moisturizing with a mild scent. Think of the scent you can sniff straight out of a new bowl of green soap or new tube of green cream. That's the exact "freshness" you get from the balm. I'll give it the real maiden voyage after my shave tomorrow AM. I am a dedicated Proraso green splash user. I love the "kick" of the green splash, but I can see this stuff being in the regular rotation.

8. walds11

walds11 New Member

I completed my morning shave and used the green balm. As I stated above, it's lightly refreshing and moisturizing with a mild scent. Not much kick at all, but there is slight cooling from the menthol. Good stuff. Geez, now my green splash is going to be neglected :)

RaZorBurn123 and Bobcat like this.