Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bscarpenter, Sep 1, 2016.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I have been using Proraso green shaving soap and have been enjoying it, so when I got a chance to order a bottle of the aftershave lotion, I took the opportunity. The box states that it contains eucalyptus and menthol. After I shaved this morning, I applied the lotion. It goes on like an aftershave splash and is not really "lotiony" at all. You can immediately feel a mild cooling of menthol and the eucalyptus absorbs into your face making for some really smooth and soft skin. The scent is light and fresh and marries well with the shaving soap. The scent does not linger for very long. If you are looking for something light and refreshing that conditions the skin, this would be a great product for you and a very good value.

JazzDoc, ColtJustice, RyX and 6 others like this.
  2. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Nice review! I love the Proraso soap but have never used the aftershaves. May have to get a bottle.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wonderful on a summer day. Wish I still had a bottle.

ColtJustice likes this.
  4. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to put together a group buy or wants to stock up, you can get 3 bottles for under $10 each HERE.

PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I final received a bottle this week and agree with your review.

Demidog likes this.
  6. smittywerbenmanjensen

smittywerbenmanjensen Active Member

Just rounded out my medicine cabinet with Proraso (green tube) shave cream, Pre shave cream, and after shave. Can't wait to try the combo!

RyX, Demidog and bscarpenter like this.
  7. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Nice review. The Proraso green ASB is one of my absolute favourite post shave balms. Nice clean scent, refreshing. Having said that...I like all three of the Proraso balms (green, white and blue).
    btw...I find the green balm goes with just about any soap or cream scent.

8. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to do the same at some point. My favorite pre-shave balm is no longer for sale and I'm not a fan of my current aftershave balm, so I'm looking forward to trying some Proraso. Lots of choices though between green splash, green balm, red splash, white balm, and blue balm - I can't decide which one I want to try first.

RyX likes this.
  9. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

After 40 years of wearing a beard, my father started shaving. He has fell in love with Proraso green. He too likes the aftershave lotion and splash.

One of the cheapest places I have found it is TVBshaving.com. It takes about 2 weeks to get your order, but worth the wait.

Address corrected. My apologies.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    targa88 and Demidog like this.
  10. Demidog

Are you sure that's the right link? It took me to the Television Broadcasts site, which appears to be in Chinese.

Edit: Found it: https://www.tvbshaving.com/

11. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

You Gents must have been reading my mind. I have the Proraso Green Shaving Cream(tube). I have wanted to try the AS. After reading the above, I will probably be ordering it after the holidays.

12. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

love...love....LOVE the AS....used it since almost the begining and use it almost every shave.

Demidog likes this.
  13. Demidog

I just used the Proraso green cream for the first time. The scent is unbelievably good. There are hints of similarities to a fragrance that I remember from the old days and it took me back to my childhood. I was going to opt for the blue balm since I love aloe but I could definitely go for the green splash. It looks like the bundle deal ended but if I have the funds, then I will be interested in future group buys at the same price if anyone wants to hit me up.

14. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE Proraso green.
    I have the pre-shave, soap tub, after shave and balm.
    You get the cool menthol with the pre-shave, then of course the soap smells just wonderful...then after you splash on the AS and take in the cool sensation and the smell, then the double whammy of rubbing in the balm. By the time I get done with my shave routine, I'm smelling good!

It's really good stuff.

RyX, Demidog and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. RetLEO-07

Proraso Green AS is on the way via UPS along with a 12oz bottle of Clubman VIBR. Looking forward to my first "Italian" shave, Bolzano blade(I know, they're made in Germany), Proraso Green Shave Cream(tube), Dominello Vitali Calming Post Shave Moisturizer, topped off by Proraso Green AS. Bellissimo!

16. brit

brit in a box

i have the pre shave,soap and splash,green and red.awesome products,which is better,can t decide.

Demidog likes this.
  17. RetLEO-07

Proraso Green AS arrived today. Italian shave tomorrow morning. Proraso Green Shaving Cream, Omega 6212 Silvertip brush, Green AS and Dominello Vitali Calming Post Shave Moisturizer. Oh yeah!

18. RetLEO-07

Had my "Italian" shave this morning(see SOTD and/or 30 day). The Green AS was fantastic! The scent eludes me though. Sort of a little citrus and something else. No matter, I think it smells great!

19. Mike In SC

Mike In SC New Member

The Proraso Green line product is my standard Friday-Sunday shave. I love it. It makes my weekend a bit more special.

20. RetLEO-07

Lovin' the Green. Think I'll use it again tomorrow, or maybe VIBR...decisions, decisions.