Proraso M/E (Green) Cream Slickness

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Moses Brown, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Moses Brown

Moses Brown Active Member

Den,

Anyone else experiencing a lack of slick-ness to the Proraso after a pass? The best explanation I could find was from nick shaves' lather review, where he mentioned it was drier (almost like a soap soap).

Even with pre-shave oil, it almost feels like it grips my face instead of gliding. Any way to combat this with the Proraso (vice reapplying a new lather, altogether)?

See 6:30

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

It's a VERY thirsty cream. Add more water. This is one of the slickest creams I've used, but it needs more water than most people put into it.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Water!!

4. SmurfK

SmurfK Member

If you are used with tallow-based creams or soaps, you will find anything else not slick enough. Anyway, i did not used Proraso red, but green one. I must say it performs great. Better than Cella, that seems much slicker.
    Now, the problem with the second pass might be because you don't add water or you simply don't have enough lather in your brush. If i am face lathering, i sometimes see myself needing to add a little more cream for the third pass.

5. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Already mentioned.... Add more water...

I found this out when one day I lathered up my face then decided to take a picture(don't judge me...lol) to show my wife how well it lathered compared to other creams. Just in the 60sec or so that I fumbled with my phone to take a pic, it started to dry out and get pasty. Added some more water to the brush and hit the face again, good to go.

6. Moses Brown

Moses Brown Active Member

Good advice on the water. Tonight's pre-work follicle ambush was a great success.
    ty

Mustache and Mr. Shaverman like this.