Proraso Red review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by tuxxdk, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Can't wait to try the the red cream. I've seen mixed reviews about the scent but I can still remember the scent of some sandalwood from a relative's suitcase after they came back from visiting India. I think that real sandalwood smells quite different from the modern sandalwood products that I've smelled as the modern products have a strong muskiness to them. The closest I've smelled to the real deal is Mama Bear's Mysore Sandalwood and if the red soap/cream smells like that, then I'll enjoy it.

I was hoping to trade some of my soaps for some Proraso but I think that I'm going to order some samples and work on the trades another time. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't light my skin on fire. I've had bad luck with every artisan fragrance that I've tried thus far - irritation and burning for hours, sometimes days.

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Since this thread came out, I've acquired a tub of red. The review is spot on. Red is one soap I won't be without.

Demidog likes this.
  3. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Very comprehensive write up. I always have a tub of green and red as my "go to" soaps. Very easy to use & quality lather. Only negative I can think of is slightly residue on the razor & sink.

PickledNorthern and Demidog like this.
  4. MrHallelujah

MrHallelujah New Member

Great review. It's an odd scent. Definitely get some chocolate notes under light fresh, clean, powdery scent. Good soap. Slick lather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demidog likes this.
  5. mata_66

mata_66 Member

Red is my favourite out of the Proraso line. Blue is also good (aloe vera+vitamin E)

shadowfeind likes this.
  6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I used the Proraso Red yesterday. It is one of my rotation soaps. It does lather great - I will says that. The scent though is nice but not as intense as some of my other Sandalwood soaps such as Captain's Choice, and Taylor of Old Bond Street.