Proraso Soap in the Tub, Green or White?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Manticore, Aug 7, 2011.

?

Proraso Soap in the Tub, Green or White, which do you prefer?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2011.
  1. Green

41.7%
  2. White

50.0%
  3. No preference

8.3%
  1. memoryleak

memoryleak Active Member

Make mine the white tub (Green Tea and Aloe). I'm now experimenting with preceding the lather with
    Proraso Pre Shave Cream. Now that's a cool shave !. :Animatedfrozensmily:

2. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I no longer use the Musgo Real Cream but the rest are on a steady rotation, especially the Proraso products.

Photo0456.jpg

3. Gillu

Gillu Member

Johnny likes this.
  4. Gillu

Gillu Member

5. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Those are very good. Wish I spoke Italian. In that second one I was just marveling at all the shaving products on the shelves.

6. Gillu

Gillu Member

At the end he says: 'barbiere a domicilio' which literally meaans 'a barber in your home'. The meaning is that it is like having a barber at home because it is so good and easy.

Johnny likes this.
  7. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

So I revisited the White Proraso tonight, and I must say, it is more pleasant than I remember it. Maybe its because the smell has kind of died down bit now. I still like the menthol kick the green gives, but this white gives a nice all around cool feeling as well.

8. rube7072

rube7072 New Member

does anyone know if the proraso sandelwool will be coming out in a tube?

crackstar likes this.
  9. Gillu

Gillu Member

Mate, I have no idea.

10. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

It's already out in a tube. If you mean tub, I've been wondering the same thing and hoping, but there's been no news about it. :(

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yupp, here's the Proraso Sandalwood tube. Excellent cream.

PRO009-Proraso-Sandalwood-shaving-cream.jpg

12. rube7072

rube7072 New Member

Great, I'll wait for the tub... I hope it will not be a long wait.

13. raag

raag Member

I originally tried the green but ended up preferring the white. I think it's totally an individual preference though :)

14. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I have only tried the green in the tub...I really need to get myself some white...(down the road is so far sometimes....lol). As for the tube I have tried both the old green and red. The green is amazingly cool and the red is refreshing. I have a tube of the new green in the mail (hopefully tomorrow Jeff!), hopefully it will come soon. :) But for now...I like the green in the tub. ;)

15. Neolithium

The new green is better than the old IMO, the heavy eucalyptus scent has been settled down to a point where its there but not overwhelming. I've PIFd away the old green, new stuff you'll have to pry from my cold dead hands!

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm not one for eucalyptus or menthol, so white tub is my vote.

crackstar likes this.
  17. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

You know... They're both about the same.

18. Neolithium

Performance yes, scents - very different.

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Rich, the white bowl may not be as mentholated as the green, but it still has menthol!

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Are you sure on that? Mine is the white tub / sensitive. It just says, aloe, green tea, and vitamin e on the label. No specific ingredient list, tho. In any case, I don't detect any other scent or menthol/eucalyptus tingle.