Proroso White Shave Cream In The Tube

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bill G, May 8, 2017.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I finally got around to giving the Proraso white shave cream in the tube a try. I find it to be an excellent shave cream for me and really like it a lot. The cream lathered up easy and made a nice shave cream with minimal effort (add water as needed to lather bowl while whipping).

I was already a big fan of the Proraso white pre shave cream. Now with the two products combined I have found a sweet combination that performs great for me (very pleased the products).

Also I find the Proraso white products to work great on sinsitive skin as advertised.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have yet to try that one but I hear it's great.

Demidog, Bill G and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I agree. I now have all four Proraso creams and they are all different but each excellent in their own way. I don’t worry too much anymore about sensitive skin as in my case the issue was really too much razor pressure but the Proraso White really is nice and mild.

I also have a tub of the Proraso White soap that I have used intermittently for years and really like - easy to load and lather and very mild and easy on the skin. When I tried the cream recently, I found it smelled and acted exactly the same as the White soap, except for being, well, creamier.

If you like soaps at all and you enjoy the Proraso White cream, then definitely try the soap. (And vice versa.)

Demidog, Bill G and crackstar like this.
  4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Agreed. Almost (but not every) every artisan soap that I've tried burned my skin. I tried Proraso as a last ditch effort to find a scented product that didn't burn and all four creams worked perfectly for me, but white is the most soothing of them all. Right now, it's tied with Proraso blue as the cream that I use the most often. The white balm is also unbelievably good and it has the same magical properties as the Nivea aftershave balm with regard to treating razor burn and irritation. I just gave an old aftershave that I had a chance and it felt like it was burning my skin off but the Proraso white balm calmed it down right away.

I've used both the white cream and the white soap but I prefer the cream because it's easier to lather. I admittedly became a little bit of a Proraso fanboy after finding so much success with all four of their creams and some of their other products but it's legitimately good stuff especially for the price. The creams and products in the Italian packaging are actually less expensive than the stuff packaged for distribution in North America.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Screwtape and Bill G like this.
  5. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I totally agree...

Happy Shaves,
    Bill G

Screwtape and Demidog like this.
  6. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I agree with everything you said. For me, if I absolutely had to choose between the creams, White and Blue are tied for first place, Green a nose behind except for days when I want a touch of cooling menthol, and Red is the last of the pack by maybe half a head. And when you look at the price, you're basically getting "artisan" quality at a drugstore price.

Have you ever tried the Italian soft almond soaps? Cella, Vitos Red or Green, Valobra Almond or 3P Almond? They are all quite mild and soothing too, I find, and are also easy to lather soaps and quite cheap too.

Bill G and Demidog like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa. Something YOU have not tried?????:eek:

Demidog likes this.
  8. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I haven't tried any other Italian soaps yet. Proraso is actually the first and only factory product that I've tried so far. It didn't even occur to me to try anything else since I had such great success with it. It seems like Italians have their shaving soaps figured out though so I should probably give those other ones a look in the future.

Bill G and Screwtape like this.