Pure Soaps Dragon's Blood Shave Soap Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mullen88, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Mullen88

Mullen88 Member

IMG_0686.JPG
    After loading for 30 seconds.
    IMG_0687.JPG
    After hand lathering for a minute.
    [​IMG]Good afternoon everyone,

I was recently at a local farmer's market and picked up some shaving soap from Pure Soaps, a company out of Brampton, Ontario, Canada. I chose the Dragon's Blood scent and threw in the bath soap just for good measure. The soap is semi-soft, but not too soft, and can be manipulated into a variety of containers. This scent is very rich and luxurious. Here are the notes from the website:

"Deeply Mysterious...Intoxicating.

This Dragon's Blood Fragrance, is in a good class of its own. It is not similar in smell to the dragon blood tree resin.

This soap and fragrance is enjoyed by both men and women. It is said to be an Earthy fragrance, with possible subtle notes of patchouli and vanilla and something else mysterious that you just can't put your finger on. Some are reminded of the incense sticks that they may have once smelled or burned."

Scent: I find this scent to be "intoxicating" and soothing. A very beautiful scent that calms the senses. Lingers for quite some time. 9/10

Use: 5 Shaves (My minimum for a review).
    Razor: Merkur 34C HD.
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue.
    Brush: Semogue Boar.

Lather: I soaked my brush and bloomed the soap while I showered, as usual, then wrung the brush out until very little soap remained. You can always add more later, you can't take away. I started loading and was astounded at the way the soap responded. Absolute explosion! After about 30 seconds I was ready to go to the face. No pre-shave today, I wanted to see the performance without any prep. The face lather was outstanding. It felt and looked like I was spreading cake icing on my face. Very impressed.... wasn't expecting much. This soap's lather is up there with some of the best Artisans out there today, and that's saying a lot. 8.5/10

Performance: I had a decent amount of growth to cut through and this soap aided the blade with ease. Slick and smooth is an understatement. Top-tier performance from this lather, couldn't ask for more. 8.5/10

Post-Shave Feel: Another place this soap shines. The aftershave feel is moisturizing and nourishing. Sometimes I didn't use any AS product but Witch Hazel and my face still felt great. No dryness or irritation, and an ample amount of comfort. 8.5/10

Conclusion: I have tried a lot of Artisans lately and this one is up there with the best of them. I will be buying more. The latherability was great, the shave was outstanding, and the post-shave feel was thoroughly enjoyable. Very happy with this purchase.

I picked this soap up for $7 Canadian for 4.5 oz. They have a website but it doesn't seem to be too intuitive. Something I will mention to her. Regardless, check out the site and maybe contact her to order if desired. You will not be disappointed.

Home

I do not have any affiliation with this Artisan and bought this product with my own money.

Thanks, and have a great shave,

Sean

Yehuda D likes this.