Question on face lathering soaps

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Mr. Shaverman, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Absolutely.
    I do this several times per week.
    My favorite soap for an all over "mug scrub" is Van der Hagen deluxe.
    My daughter has her own boar brush and also does this to help with oily skin & acne reduction.
    It works very well.

2. Clubman4Life

Clubman4Life Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, Mark and Bristle Me. I appreciate it.

3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I did tonight, and it worked well. Never thought about the Marco Method, good call and good variation. Saturated brush, loaded it for a few quick seconds, proper lather all over my face. I was using Stirling Gin & Tonic soap and a VDH brush.

4. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Only 'downside' to this method for me is it tends to be a little messy on the first pass.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  5. lilbones99

lilbones99 Member

I've tried face lathering a few times since I got a La Toja shave stick. Tho I wouldn't say I have the hang of it yet, I have enjoyed it. I will have to try face lathering with some other soaps to see how I like it, giving the tips provided a go. :)

6. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

But what about my pants, can I wash them during my shave or should those be done separately also?

Bristle Me likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

You should wash your pants while you shower.

8. J_Man

I tried that once before, but running the washing machine while showering seriously affects my water pressure.

9. Mr. Shaverman

Try wearing them in the shower. You can save money and do your dishes in there too.

10. J_Man

Thanks man I'll do that...And in an effort to save time I will also blow dry my hair while I'm in the shower.

11. Mr. Shaverman

That may have severe consequences, but I like your thinking.

12. J_Man

Consequences you say? I don't know the meaning of the word, but then again, I don't know the meaning of a lot of words.

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

blow dry your hair? that's what you roll the window of your car down for.
    roll window down, hang your head out, drive fast. presto, dry hair.

14. J.F. Martin

J.F. Martin Active Member

This will go well with my soon to be habit of shaving while driving.

15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Just ride a bike - motorcycle or bicycle. That way you can dry your hair and the clothes that you washed in the shower.

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

And don't forget to bring dental floss! You'll need it post-ride to rid your smile of all those bugs....

17. BadgerMan

BadgerMan Member

I'm thinking of giving face lathering a trial run this week as I'm going on holiday next week and figure it will be easier to face lather whilst away (the bowl is kind of awkward and heavy to pack). When face lathering with a cream do people find it better to squirt some cream on the brush and apply to the face or put the cream directly on the face and then lather?

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've done it using both methods and don't have a real preference. The results are the same. Applying it to the brush versus putting a dab in your hand (to rub on your face) keeps your hand(s) clean. Unless, of course, you squirt from the shave cream tube directly to your face.....