Question: SE Razor or Adjustable DE

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Quasar, May 25, 2015.

1. Quasar

Quasar Active Member

This is starting to look like one of those awesome threads I saw before I began wet *shaving XD

****Updated****

Quote of the day: Excel can either make or break you!

2. Robin Osborn

Robin Osborn New Member

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread. That wasn't my intent and I apologize.

3. Quasar

Quasar Active Member

No problem! I'm a creative writer at times (mathematician at others, musician the rest :) if a thread doesn't get hijacked every once in a while, it doesn't have movement or energy! I appreciate your apology even if I liked your hijack!

Have a great night!

4. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    :signs011:

THIS is why I'm a Swardenite!;)

Bama Samurai and swarden43 like this.
  5. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I tend to go across the grain on the neck, and get less irritation.... as far as razors are concerned, the Feather Weight razors are quite inexpensive on the bay, and Blades can be gotten very reasonably at Try A Blade ( for a sample pack, to see if you like SE shaving). As far as the Adjustable route, don't forget the Schick injector adjustable.... in my mind, the best of both worlds. The Gillette Slim is starting to become much higher priced, so I got a good quality Super Adustable (T3 ( 1973) that was in my price range. Good Luck....It's a fun hobby.

6. Quasar

Quasar Active Member

Hello! Just posting an update! I'll add this to the main too. I listened to all your advice and I found it amazing! A week ago I posted another thread on my razorock razor and from careful observation, it seemed and felt that the two sides were a little uneven in blade gap. I had already been wanting a nice Gillette slim adjustable and I managed to luck out on eBay and get a nice functional one for $28.75. Based on the price these things regularly go for on EBay, that's not bead, even if I have a little cleaning to do (nothing a toothbrush and some soap/vinegar will scrub out (right?). Sure, there's the possibility I may have found an even better one, but I'm lucky to have gotten this at that price.

I'm hoping my mom doesn't kill me for getting another razor, but I figure that I will explain that it is a graduation present to myself and talk to her about the problem with the blade exposure. If worst comes to worst, I can always give/sell the Razo rock razor after explaining the problems or... keep it :)

Let me know what you guys think!

$_57 (2).jpg $_57 (3).jpg $_57 (3).jpg $_57 (4).jpg $_57.jpg

7. spacehobo

spacehobo Well-Known Member

That's a great bargain for a Slim! Enjoy it and let us know how it performs! :happy088:

8. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    You done good, bro! You're gonna like the heck outta that one! Quite the bargain, too.

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

He's right. Ride the cap for great shaves.