Questions about some brands of soap/AS that I don't see mentioned on here

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by capsfanx, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Speaking of Rte 66 Soaps, is Kathleen OK? I've missed her commentary here.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

She was on the 30 day a few nights ago.

3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I've not tried any of these as I compiled a glut of soaps prior to hearing of them. I really need to finish off a couple before buying more. But Jeeves and PAA are on my radar to try out. Especially PAA Cavendish and Al Fin. And I need some more Route 66 soaps. Soooo good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. Paul Turner

My top choice PAA's as of now are Home On The Range and Mal Pais.

SharptoothC likes this.
  5. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback!

You mention PAA history has been sketchy......what do you mean by that? For some reason I though the Crown King was supposed to be better than the PAA line. I must have misunderstood I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Paul Turner

I was wondering the same thing

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

From what I can piece together - customer service.

8. capsfanx

Gotcha

9. PickledNorthern

Google is your friend on this one.

10. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I truly do not want to disparage a company (or individuals working within the company). I think that the bad blood reputation is not deserved. To each, his own...I suppose. I guess everyone makes some enemies along their way. It certainly seems to be true in wet shaving. Heck, some of my favorite soap makers and brush makers have "marred" histories.

I would suggest a Google search for the PAA info as well. It is there if you look for it.

11. Paul Turner

The only "sketchiness" I've encountered on here was in dealing with the Chiseled Face website-granted the one before it changed. It was partly my fault, I must admit, but I was kinda hoping they'd bail me out even so. Did they? See below for my answer.

No.

12. PickledNorthern

One might need to incorporate "How to Grow a Mustache, and Pedal Pusher Fancies" into their search. Go back to 2014-15. Make sure to pay attention to posts from B&B and Reddit. Less commercialized sites like ours tend to have little or no history about it.

BigMark83 likes this.
  13. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

What ?

14. Paul Turner

We're discussing "issues" we've faced with shave soap orders.

15. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

And you didn't emphasize what is the issue was.

16. Paul Turner

You might want to go back to the beginning of the thread.

17. capsfanx

Well, I managed to score a sample of The Holy Black Shave Soap. It is the Gunpowder Spice scent. I have to say, I really enjoy the scent. I also have to the performance was really good! I went ahead and ordered a tin of Soap and bottle of Aftershave.

18. capsfanx

Also, I did do some research and read about the past issues. Was a while ago and seems they made things right. So, we will see.

19. capsfanx

So I placed my order with The Holy Black on Monday. I received my order on Wednesday. Very fast shipping! I used the soap and Aftershave this morning. As I mentioned the performance level of their soap is amazing!! Was my first time using the Aftershave this morning. The scent is awesome. It has left my skin feeling the best out of any of my other Aftershaves. I am definitely impressed and will be purchasing more from them. Also used another ZaZa Blade today in my 34C.....super smooth and BBS shave. Don't have a brush worthy of putting in the picture, lol. Will have one soon I hope. I only have the one that came in my VDH set.

[​IMG]

20. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I have a couple Dr. Jon's K shave worx, and a lot of PAA and crown king, and a couple Uncle Jon's. All really good. I really like Dr. Jon's Aphrodite

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PLAla and capsfanx like this.