Quick question - sorry for the short notice

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by lightcs1776, Jul 30, 2017.

1. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My wife is about to finish a cream. She loved the TOBS grapefruit and wouldn't mind getting it again. Looks like I will be ordering another soap for her tomorrow for leg shaving. Any other recommendations? She really liked Captain's Choice Parallel 45, but would like to try something different. I don't mind a soap or croap either. I would have liked something from Sudsery Soapery, but she wasn't excited about the scents. There's a place in NJ that I will check out that I have heard great things about. Any other suggestions? She isn't thrilled with Cremo, KMF, etc. I am OK with soaps / creams up to $20, including shipping.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 and Enrico like this.
  2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Stirling? My wife likes Witchy Woman and loves Sunflower Fields.

She decided to try some samples after seeing how soft they left my face
    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123, Enrico and lightcs1776 like this.
  3. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

My girlfriend uses Mystic Water, Stirling, and Jeeves of Hudson Street soaps primarily on her legs. She's tried just about everything I own and those are some of her favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Catie's bubbles is in NJ...they are awesome.

Have her check out Stirling soaps website and Barrister and Mann

RaZorBurn123 and lightcs1776 like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My wife uses Kiss my Face, and so do I.
    Comes in an 11oz. pump bottle in most natural food stores, Fred Meyer, etc. Costs about $8-9. It's a top tier shaving cream at a very low (per oz.) price point.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

If she liked TOBS Grapefruit then she might like some of their other choices. TOBS creams are excellent performers so it might just come down to scent preference.
    My wife happens to like Almond but there's also Rose, Lavender, and Coconut. For excellent skin care and post shave feel there's Aloe Vera, and Avocado.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. Lathers up great with a brush, too.

RaZorBurn123 and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am another that would recommend looking at Stirling. Great performance, and they have a lot of scents to pick from. They are also both veterans, so it is a good one to support.

9. lightcs1776

As a recently retired Warrant Officer, I do appreciate businesses that support our veterans.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. lightcs1776

Thanks for all the suggestions. Caties Bubbles is the one in NJ I was thinking about but couldn't remember the name. I will also check out Stirling and the other suggestions.

11. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

You can order samples from stirling that are still very affordable that way you can try them before committing to a full tub. We ordered like 9 and have liked them all so far. Best of luck with your order!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

The other thing that is so great about the samples, is that I don't always want six ounces of a soap. But I can buy a couple sample pucks for a few bucks, press them into a tin, and I am set.

13. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Very true.

14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Regiment Shaving, run by an Army vet

15. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

If you're looking for creams you can always check out TSDs own lineup. I rather enjoy the Monkey Farts scent and love the way my face feels afterwards.

16. lightcs1776

I'm actually looking at soaps, as creams get used up too quickly. I like the idea of getting items from TSD though. However, there is no way in this world I will ever buy something called monkey farts. Sorry, I just can't do it. For the record, I also refuse to get soaps or creams with wrong language in their names, including modder focker, as it is too close and obviously marketed that direction.

RetLEO-07, RaZorBurn123 and Enrico like this.
  17. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Plenty of scents to choose from

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

18. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

You might check out Wholley Kaw, I've been told they are in New Jersey as well. I have the Wholly Kaw Vegan Vetivertal, and I can highly recommend it. It not only provides excellent cushion and glide, but also leaves my face very soft, and the soap smells fantastic.
    Good Luck in your quest.
    Sorry, I thought I was onthe soaps forum. Sorry.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: One more vote for Stirling!

RaZorBurn123, lightcs1776 and Stu929 like this.
  20. lightcs1776

Stirling did indeed win out. I will do a review tomorrow, time permitting. Rod at Stirling provided amazing customer service. The soaps I have tried so far have been incredible, both in terms of scent and performance.