Quick reviews on razors I've used

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ceferguson, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

Razor notes

Ikon slant. Smooth, not too close leaves normal patches of stubble but difficult to get on cleanup pass. Can use two pass, xtg and agt. Shave does not last long can feel stubble after 3 to 5 hours post shave. (6 mo of shaves have owned for 2 years). Very easy to shave with takes no time to master

Ikon open comb. Smooth not too close leaves normal patches but can get most of them on cleanup pass can use two pass xtg and agt shave does not last long can feel stubble 4 to 6 hours post shave (4 mo of shaves, have owned for 2 years). Very easy to learn takes no time to master

Ikon standard bar can be smooth or very irritating depends on blade and day, on good shaves very close to muhle r41, shaves last awhile usually 6 to 8 hours until noticeable stubble. (2 mo of shaves, love hate relationship, have owned for 2 years) more temperamental need some experience prior to using and expecting good results

Muhle r41 can be very smooth, or can lead to lots of irritation, super close shave can not feel noticeable stubble until 8 or 10 hours later Can not use everyday my face gets sore even if not much irritation present, generally daily use will inflame my neck (6 mo of shaves, have owned for 1 year). You need some experience prior to using this razor but it is not the monster it is made out to be its just a razor, if you don't pay attention you will not cut your ear off you will end up with razor burn that will take some time to go away.

Ikon shavecraft tech, to me the same as muhle r41 but the muhle r 41 tends to be smoother and results in less irritation (4 mo of shaves have owned 6 or 7 mo). Same for muhle r41

Gillette fat boy on 5 smoothness depends on blade, shaves pretty close stubble not noticeable until 6 to 8 hours after shave, daily use so far has led to inflammation on my neck. (1 mo of shaves, owned 1 mo) easy to use and fun, sucks to clean compared to others but the ultrasonic cleaner (60 watt) I talked my wife into getting because it can be used to clean more of her stuff than mine should help alleviate this problem

Hope this info can help some of the newbies out.

Gillette slim. To be determined

Gillette super adjustable long handle. To be determined

Gillette super adjustable short handle. To be determined

Jorvaljr and Spyder like this.