Quick Shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DEfan, Jun 23, 2016.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

It's been so long since I've used a cart I'm sure that it would take me as much time to do as a DE shave.

Jim99 and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

5 minutes maximum for a 2 or 3 pass DE shave. Face lathering with a synthetic brush and I'm good to go.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have given a quick routine and a "zen" routine below. Feel free to adjust as necessary.

Quick routine under 12 minutes:
    Shave brush and shave soap in vintage hot water scuttle
    Hot shower
    Bulldog original face wash
    Lather shave soap (I rotate several different soaps, but Truefitt and Hill 1805 and Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn street are my favorites)
    Lather face and shave face with Edwin Jagger mach 3
    Wipe face clean with a fresh towel
    Apply Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar aftershave balm
    Quick cleanup

My zen routine. Probably 30 minutes, but I dont time it, so I don't truly know:

Put on the best of John Coltrane 180g vinyl record (or other relaxing album)
    Shave brush and shave soap in my vintage hot water scuttle
    Hot shower
    Blind Barber wild watermint gin facial cleanser
    Truefitt and Hill ultimate comfort pre-shave oil
    Lather shave soap (I rotate several different soaps, but once again, Truefitt and Hill 1805 and Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn street are my favorites. I typically always go with my very best soaps on my pleasure shaves. In the summer I like TOBS peppermint and Stirling Soaps margaritas in the artic as well)
    Lather face slowly and carefully and shave face with one of my favorite straight razors (either dovo, thiers-issard, wade and butcher, or wostenholm)
    Wipe face clean with a cold (freezer-kept fresh towel)
    Apply Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar aftershave balm
    Wipe down and clean up, leaving no water, soap, or hairs behind. I wipe my blade thoroughly with tissue paper and store it away. I clean my soap and place it in its container (they have great stainless steel containers with lids at daiso japanese dollar stores) with the top open so it can dry before closing.
    I lastly spray one of my favorite colognes (gucci envy or versace eros).

4. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Takes me 10 minutes give or take one, day in day out. It ain't Magical, Mystical or Zen, it's just shaving.

AGHisBBS and dscaver like this.
  5. DEfan

DEfan Member

Thank you to all who replied! I have a number of suggestions to try. I have been off the forums for a while and have forgotten what a great community of enthusiasts are here.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    One pass with a Schick adjustable is all it takes. No fuss, no muss.

AGHisBBS, Carbide Mike and dscaver like this.
  7. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I use a Mach. 3 when I have to hurry

AGHisBBS likes this.