Quickest Solution For Razor Burn?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by mantic, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Yeah, but dealing with the alcohol poisoning later, on top of the residual irritation....

(and the wife banging pots next to you for using up her vodka)

RyX and twhite like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Don't be silly. You can't get alcohol poisoning from dermal application of alcohol. ;)

Bama Samurai, RyX and twhite like this.
  3. Bookworm

That's what your wife will call it when she's done with you :)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@mantic
    [​IMG]

PLANofMAN and MR41 like this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I have, use , and enjoy many ASB's. But when I am really torn up I reach for Nivea.

One time I used Neosporin. Seriously.

Which leads me to: If you use Neosporin as an after shave balm, you may have done something wrong:)

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  6. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Better than Preparation H.

I've used Corn Husker's Lotion as balm before. Works pretty good. Also original Listerine, which works, but smells unpleasant. (Listerine was originally sold as aftershave, and was marketed as a mouthwash later. Mint flavored Listerine smells better, but leaves a sticky residue).
    [​IMG]

Keithmax and EnglishChannel like this.
  7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that about Listerine:signs021: Is it made with the same formula as back then? Preparation H...Never crossed my mind, but in a real jam I guess it would work wouldn't it?

8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    As far as I know, yes. Otherwise, putting "original formula" on the bottle is grossly misleading.

Preparation H works to reverse balding too. It won't cause the hair to grow back, but it will shrink you head down to the size to fit what hair you have left. (Sorry, old joke.) :p

Keithmax, IDuck and MR41 like this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I never bothered to read the bottle. I wonder if what ever the anti-inflammatory agent is in Prep H would help close knicks like alum?
    I hear you on the old joke-I like- Rogaine, it works. I put it on in the shower and rinse it off, it runs down my back, and now I have hair all down my back:D. A little humor, very little:D:bath:

PLANofMAN and Keithmax like this.
  10. Bookworm

So, how's your face?

11. YMMV

YMMV New Member

Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm works for me when I need it

MR41 likes this.
  12. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

It has been a long time since I have dealt with razor burn but, I really like the Pacific Shaving Co's caffeinated ASB.

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I use ice, I rub an ice cube on my face then apply Lucky Tiger or Speick.

14. Corto

Corto Well-Known Member

Unrefined Shea Butter, Aloe Gel and Weleda After Shave Balm. For me these are the ones that do the trick. But from personal experience a good night sleep also helps hehe I tend to shave at night and if I get some redness or irritation after shaving I'll spread an almond size amount of shea butter on my face before going to bed and I'll wake in top notch form!

15. brit

brit in a box

i use thayers witch hazel every shave,sometimes nivea sensitive aftershave balm.

SpeedyPC likes this.